thirteen

"Someone's jealous." Jooheon whispered while nudging I.M.'s hand, signalling to look towards Wonho.

The guys were looking at Hwayoung and Minhyuk, talking to each other while giggling like little kids.

"Aish.." Wonho sighs heavily while standing up, walking away. The other guys just chuckle at the sights of him. They never saw Wonho acting like this.

"Thanks Hwayoung." Minhyuk smiled widely and Hwayoung just nodded. They were discussing about how to confessed to Lisa. Speaking about Lisa, Hwayoung hasn't seen her since the day Hanbin told her to tell Lisa about meeting at the park.

"Maybe Lisa is sick.." Hwayoung said as she calls her, but no one picked up. As she was going towards Shownu and his friends, she felt a strong hit on her shoulder.

"You again, watch where you are going.. Probably you have no sense just like Monsta X."

Hwayoung frowned while looking towards a cold glare from Hanbin. His other friends just gave her an apologetic smile. At the other side, Monsta X heard what Hanbin said, leaving them to clench their fist.

•••

"Seriously Lisa?"

Hwayoung and Lisa were at Hwayoung's room. It was 7 in the evening and Lisa showed up infront of Hwayoung's apartment with a sling bag. Hwayoung folded her arms and Lisa smiles sheepishly. So Lisa didn't came to school because... she was organising a party, for her own birthday.

"Speaking of your birthday..." Hwayoung mumbled while bending down to get something below her own bed. Hwayoung pushes a bag towards Lisa without any words.

"Omg!!" Lisa took the black and white stripe bag and put it aside, giving Hwayoung a big hug.

"Thank you!" Lisa cheered and Hwayoung just nods in agreement.

"Back to the topic, why are you here with... a bag...?" Hwayoung asked looking at Lisa suspiciously. Lisa just smiles sheepishly.

Hwayoung thinks for a moment and she widens.

"Heck no! I'm not going to the party!"

"Aww c'mon Hwayoung. Monsta X and IKON are also going." Lisa begged and Hwayoung just gives her a boring look.

"Monsta X..? IKON...?" Hwayoung looks at her in confusion.

Lisa rolls her eyes. "Monsta X is Wonho and his friends. IKON is the 7 new lads in our class."

Lisa was desperate and she gives a lot nonsensical excuses. Lisa then finally sighs, admitting defeat.

"Fine, if you don't want to go." Lisa pouted and stood up.

"Just telling you, the party starts at 9. The bags are filled with your-- you know.." Lisa said and Hwayong looks away.

"You know, you have to face those fears yourself. In the end its up to you." Lisa said, before closing the door. Hwayoung closed her eyes and sighs heavily.

Hwayoung has a couple of reasons why she didn't to attend the party. Firstly, she didn't want to remember her old self. Secondly, she doesn't want to get wasted and thirdly, she doesn't want to see situations of the party.

Going to the bag that was placed aside, Hwayoung unzipped the bag, to see a familiar looking clothes. Crop tops, leather jackets, ripped jeans, black leather pants and familiar looking hair extensions.

Grabbing the long brown hair extensions, Hwayoung clutches it tightly, doesn't even know if she is going to regret it later or maybe not.

Sometimes, she regrets doing the things that she did years ago. She was foolish, spent her time with the wrong people in results, she lost herself in the end.

People that thought was close to her, leaves one by one. Lisa was an exception, at the time of her slump, Lisa approached her despite Hwayoung rejecting her always.

Now, Hwayoung wants to change, that means hiding her secrets, keeping a low profile, Hwayoung even stayed away from her parents, though her parents knew what happen and just gave her own space.

But now, it's up to Hwayoung, if she want to face the fears or she is going to be a coward.