Mom

As I lay there slowly dying a women in a beautiful white dress appeared. "My son how you have grown" I look up at her "Mom? Your suppose to be dead" she laughed gently "I am dead I am just a 'ghost'" I gave her a smile "that was a brave thing of you to save everyone first. But right now it is not your time your father and brother still need you" I looked back at the floor "I know but I won't be able to last any longer" the edges of my vision slowly started fading to black. "I love you mom even though you left me with those people" she came closer to me. "I didn't mean for you to end up with them." She place her hand on my cheek. Her skin was cool and felt nice against my burning hot face. "Rest now my child. When you wake you will be ok." I gave her one last smile and lost my self to the darkness.

'what's going on?' I was starting to wake up. I heard voices but who's I am not sure of. Everything sounded distorted. It was like my head was under water. I opened my eyes slowly only to be blinded by bright light. I gave a small groan as my eyes adjusted. It was quiet. why? I heard what I assumed was voices but now I can't hear anything. I looked around there was papa and Draco and the rest I didn't know who they were. I grew frighten and reached for papa's hand. He gave me a confused look and sat on the bed next to me. I imediently cuddled into his side.  They must have asked a question I didn't hear them papa pulled me from his side. I looked up and saw his mouth move. I couldn't make out the words with hiw fast he was talkong. 'what's going on what's wrong with me?' Tears of frustration formed into my eyes as I covered my ears. Papa looked at me with sadness in his eyes and pulled me into his lap. Draco came and sat next to us and gently took one of my hands and rubbed soothing circles with his thumb.

Being not able to hear brought back memories of my best friend when I was young before my adopted parents went bad. She was deaf and so full of life. She taught me sign language so we could communicate easier. Her name was jenny and I miss her a lot. I just let go and continue to sob into papa's chest. I could tell he was talking to someone his chest vibrated when he spoke.

After awhile I calmed down enough to use sign language. I knew papa could sign from some of his relatives being deaf.  ( the * means they are signing)  *what is happening to me papa?* I watched him take a deep breath. I know this is hard on him too. *I am sorry Leo when we got to you Lily, your mother was there by your side. She slowed the poison so you could get treated. But it had enough time to messed up your hearing. It will fix it self in a few weeks for now you will have to use sign language.*  I nodded and gave him a hug. I looked over to Draco he gave me a sad look. He hated seeing me upset. I stood up and gave him a hug and kissed his cheek.  I almost forgot to ask papa about all those people *papa who were all those people?* he didn't look freaked out that was a good sign *you will remeber later that is side effect of the antidote dove* I gave him another nod. He looked at his watch *Do you want me to stay with you tonight?*

*Yes please. Can Draco stay to?* I watched as papa asked Draco. I was going to have to teach mister house cat sign language later. *He said he will too* I smiled and climbed back into the bed. Papa kisses my forehead good night and lays in the hospital bed next to mine. I moved over and draco climbed in and pulled me to his chest. I imediently fall asleep.

-next day-

I woke up to Draco's arms around me and my father reading in a chair by the bed. I gave papa a smile and he smiled back. *how did you sleep?* I gently lifted my hands to sign so I didn't wake Draco. * I slept good*.

Papa looked over to the door so I did too. I saw my baby girl standing there. I gave her a smile and she ran over to me. I watched her mouth moving so fast. Papa stopped her and told her what happened. She started crying for me. I pulled her into my lap and held her close to my chest. Draco woke up at the movement and understood what was going on when he saw the crying girl in my lap.

I gently rocked her till she no longer trembled in my arms. Hermione and I used sign laguage often in the halls or library to avoid gossipers and disturbing people. So I knew she would understand what I signed to her. *baby girl there is no need to be sad about me I will be better soon* she wiped her cheeks and signed back. *I know but it's not fair for you. I know how much you liked to hear all the different sounds* I gave her a smile *well all of those sounds will be sweeter when I hear them again* she gave me a smile. *Go get cleaned up and head down to breakfast and tell my brother how proud I am of him for what he did in the chambers ok?* she nodded and went off to do as she was told. I turned to draco and summend a  pen and paper.

Mister house cat you should go back to your dorms and get ready for the day I will be ok here with aunt poppy

I handed the paper to draco he nodded and gave me a kiss and left. Papa gave me a small smile. *You grown up a lot since you were little* I laughed *well I hope I did for being almost 14. Any way are you going to breakfast or are you going to eat with me?*  *I will eat with you I still have to talk to poppy anyway* the rest of my day was ok I was slowly adjusting to being deaf it wasn't to bad actually.