Chapter 2: Love At First Sight?

"Hey Callie!" A voice shouted. Callie whipped around to find a tall, clumsy boy waving his arms at her. "Uh-oh." Callie whispered under her breath. She quickly grabbed the loaf of bread from the baker's hands and threw the money on the table. "Keep the change," She called, then took off, winding through all the people on the crowded street. "Callie wait!" The voice yelled. Callie glanced behind her. The boy was trampling all the people in his way. "Oaf." Callie scoffed. She turned and tripped on a loose stone. She yelped and fell, smacking her head on the pavement. She heard someone yell and felt warm hands on her back pushing her into a sitting position. She shook her head and a blurry outline of two people came into focus. "Well,I want to go shopping." A high, squeaky, female voice said. She recognized it, but her mind was too muddled to distinguish. "Oh, shush Adelle." Said a soft male voice. Callie's mind cleared. Adelle! She thought with panic. That was the name of the princess. Callie's stomach dropped, which meant that- "Are you alright?" The prince asked. Callie scrambled to her feet only to feel dizzy and collapsed right into his arms. She felt someone leading her over to something and seating her. Her vision cleared, "Your majesty, I am so sorry!" Callie gasped. He smiled at her, "Please, call me Erin." He gently said. "You must forgive me!" Callie said, embarrassed. "You fell, you don't have to apologize." Erin replied. "Erin!" Princess Adelle stomped her foot. "Sister, please, if you must go on your own, then go." Erin said patiently.

"No!" She squealed. "What if I get kidnapped, or, or killed, or I-" Erin cut her off, "You have bodyguards." "Ahhhh!" Screamed the princess, then with a swish of her fluffy pink dress, she disappeared. "Sorry about that." Erin said apologetically. "Oh, please, I shouldn't have taken up your time." Callie stuttered. Erin laughed, "Oh, please!" "Excuse me?" Callie asked, caught off guard by his sudden laughter. He grinned at her and she blushed profusely. "Let me walk you to your house-er..." Erin stopped and looked at her expectantly. "Callie." Callie said quickly. "Callie." He beamed, repeating her name. He stood and offered a hand. She quickly took it and they began walking up the street. "I must say, your eyes are very exquisite."

Callie rolled her eyes playfully and said, "I get that a lot." "I imagine you do." Erin marveled. Callie yet again blushed. Erin looked towards the setting sun, Callie watched as it set fire upon his honey colored eyes and chestnut colored hair. His sharp jawline and perfect skin made his face devilishly handsome. Callie cursed herself for thinking these thoughts. He looked back over and caught her watching. He gave her a smile then put his hand on her shoulder, leading her as they walked down the pebbly road.She stopped as she got to the front gate of her house. "Is this your house?" He asked. Callie nodded and looked towards the door. "You are my mother's advisor's daughter!" He exclaimed with such noise and joy that she jumped. "Callie!" Her mother appeared outside the door. She caught sight of the prince and she put on a fake grin and came out. "Your majesty, what miracle led you to our humble doorstep?" Callie's mother said cheerfully. "You're beautiful, and amazing daughter." Erin declared, giving me an adoring look. Against her judgement, she couldn't help but smile at him. Her mom looked between Callie and him, then asked, "Would you like to stay for dinner?" "I am sorry, I must head back to the palace." coughed Erin. "I insist." Her mother persisted. "I mustn't." He declined yet again politely. "Thank you, for helping me home." Callie added. "Shall I come and visit you tomorrow?" He purred. Callie looked at her mom. "Of course!" She beamed. Callie turned back to Erin and nodded, "I would enjoy that very much." "Then I shall see you then." He touched his hat and began walking down the road. Callie sighed in bliss as her heart continued to flutter in her chest.