► What Hurts The Most

Scarlett stared in horror at the photo booth pictures of her and Phil. She thought they were long gone by now, so how had Randy gotten ahold of them? Mike must have made a copy.

Scarlett sighed in shock. She couldn't bring herself to words before the tears streamed down her face. There was nothing she could do now; nothing she could say would convince Randy otherwise. Scarlett saw the hurt and disappointment in Randy's eyes. He felt like she betrayed him.

"Randy, I---" Scarlett stuttered. Her hands were shaking and her chest had swelled up and she felt like she couldn't breathe. Everything felt surreal and Scarlett couldn't believe anything that was happening. "That isn't what it looks like," Scarlett hoped he would understand.

Finally Randy looked up at Scarlett and spoke. "I just don't get it."

"Get what," Scarlett asked.

Randy sighed deeply. "How I could let myself be so stupid, again."

"Randy, nothing happened, and nothing was going to happen, so I don't understand why you would think that," Scarlett explained.

"Then tell me, why would someone send these to me? It doesn't make sense Scarlett," his voice trembled.

Scarlett gulped. "I---I can't....you just have to trust me when I say that those were taken out of context."

Randy scoffed. "So I'm supposed to trust someone who is clearly keeping something from me?"

Scarlett sighed. She couldn't believe this was actually happening. "Randy, you know I care about you, and I wish I could tell you, but----" she was cut off.

"But what? What, Scarlett?" Randy was frustrated now.

"But I can't tell you, I have no choice."

"Then explain something to me," Randy looked up at Scarlett, "this past month....was any of it real?" Randy hesitated but asked.

Scarlett's heart broke when Randy asked her that. She knew that eventually she would be forced to be in this situation, she just didn't expect it to be so soon. Randy had opened up himself to be vulnerable, and now Scarlett had to crush his heart and leave him with no explanation. Scarlett knew this was Jericho's plan all along, and she knew he had planned this, someway, somehow. Scarlett knew this was the moment she would have to break the heart of the Viper. It was the last thing she wanted to do, but she had no choice. Scarlett couldn't stand to see anyone she loves get hurt.

"All of it was real," Scarlett reassured him.

Randy doubted her though. "Then why do I feel like all of it was a big mistake?" he stared at the floor.

Scarlett was now trembling and on the verge of tears. She knew it all would be over soon. "I thought that you would always be the one person I could open myself up to. I knew it from the very start that there was something special about you, and I felt it. I guess you could say it was love at first sight....and last night, I realized something...." Randy paused briefly. "Last night. I realized I was in love with you...." Scarlett knew it took him all the courage in the world to admit. "But now...I'm starting to realize that maybe I made a mistake, and I don't know what I did wrong, but I've got this strange feeling, that I let myself fall too fast," Scarlett recognized the hurt in his voice. "Was I not enough for you? Did you find someone better? Because I don't know where it went wrong Scarlett. I don't know what happened to us."

Scarlett was stunned. Randy just confessed he was in love with her. Randy Orton.

She sighed. She didn't know what to say. "Maybe you're right," Randy looked up. "Maybe this was a mistake. Honestly, sometimes I wish we never met, because neither of us would be in this situation," she sighed again. "But you need to know that you did nothing wrong," the tears started falling now. "You are one hell of a guy, Randy," Scarlett held his cheeks and met his gaze, "You are the sweetest and most amazing person I have ever met, and I mean that."

Randy sighed. "Then why do I feel like the fool who made his worst fear come true?"

"You didn't," Scarlett assured him. Scarlett's chest swelled up again and the tears blurred her vision. "You deserve better than me, though."

"How-how can you say that?" Randy was confused.

"Let's face it Randy, you've made so many sacrifices for me, and I could never repay you for that. But I'm not going to be a burden on you life anymore," Scarlett sobbed softly.

"So what are you saying?" a knot formed in Randy's stomach. He was scared to hear the answer.

Scarlett cried and stared into his eyes as she spoke, "You need to move on from me...it's for the best. You should be able to not have to worry if you'll get fired because of me everyday and you should be able to not hide things from those you care about. Trust me, I know what that feels like," her voice shook.

Sadness overcame Randy's face. This was the last thing he ever wanted to hear. "You were never a burden, Scarlett, please....don't do this," he begged.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. She had no choice.

Randy pulled her in for one last hug. He squeezed her tight, trying to comfort her. But Randy knew this hurt him equally. "I love you Scarlett," he kissed her forehead and rubbed her head one last time.

"I love you too," Scarlett knew she just broke the heart of the one person who would never hurt her. But what other choice did she have? If Randy found out the truth, he'd be heartbroken and fired. She needed to protect him from Chris Jericho. At least now Randy was safe from any physical harm, right?

Randy held Scarlett before letting her go. She turned back one more time before disappearing through the doorway. She couldn't say goodbye without bursting into more tears. She left Randy there, heartbroken and hurt. She could never forgive herself.

Randy watched as Scarlett's figure disappeared into the shadows. He knew it was over. The past month had been one of the best for him, and now it was all done, like nothing ever happened. He couldn't help but blame himself. Had he come on too strong? Had he revealed too much about himself too fast? Randy didn't know where he went wrong, but he had just lost the true love of his life. He had never felt that way before. He never knew why, but he knew Scarlett was perfect to him. His heart felt like it had been ripped out of his chest and stomped on and his chest ached. Randy Orton had been hurt for the first time in life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter broke my heart to write omg, but what will happen next? I wanna know your thoughts, so feel free to comment.