Jasmine

My day was going very smooth until now. After my doctors appointment of course the same thing came up about not telling anyone about the baby. August feels like nothing should be known yet to other people. I've told four people well five including my stylist about this. My manager already knew so he doesn't count.

"No one else know except those people and I know they won't  say anything. The months are going by August. I'm getting bigger and it's starting to show everywhere not just my stomach."

"I know Jas I just need time to figure out a way to say something to my people, mainly my wife."

"Well I suggest you get to that sooner rather than later."

"Man what you want me to say, hey bae I'm sorry but I slept with another woman.  Not just any woman though Jasmine and we're expecting a child in a few months. Please be okay with me fucking around with a side bitch."

"Nigga fuck you. I'm not some side bitch. I didn't even know you were married!"

"Jasmine you ain't thinking about shit from my end."

"You weren't thinking about shit from yo end either. I can't fucking stand. I wish I never slept with yo dumbass."

"The feeling is fucking mutual. Ion have time for this shit." He swerved into Aunt Vi's driveway. Rico and Cato jump up immediately. I get out making sure i slammed the door. "Ou I can't stand him!" I walk in the house with tears flowing down my face.

"Jas what the fuck happen?" Rico asks. "He's a dumbass nigga that's what the fuck happen."

"What the fuck he do?" Cato asks. "I'm some side bitch now because he's fucking married! I didn't find out until after the fact we slept together."

"The fuck?"

My aunt vi walks inside the living room. "What's going on here?" She grabs my hand and we walk back to her room and the front door slams shut. "What happen Jasmine?"

"Me and August had another argument yet again about keeping this on the down low. He reminds me every fucking time as if I want to broadcast my pregnancy by him to the damn world. I don't want anyone who wouldn't know to know either. But I'm not getting any smaller and I'm tired of feeling like this. This should be a happy moment for me but it's not. It's no where near." After spilling my heart out and Aunt Vi giving the best advice she could, I lay down and take a nap.

---------

I wake up to my phone ringing off the hook. "Hello?" I mumble. "Jasmine where you at?" EJ asks. "At my aunts place. What's up?"

"August was shot.." I raise up, "What?.. I'll be up there." I hang up and get inside my old car. I ride over to the hospital.

"Can I help you ma'am?"

"August Alsina's room please." She looks at me. "I'm his girlfriend. You can google that shit if you want too."

"He just got back into a room. 301." The woman finally says. I make my way into the room as the nurse leaves out. "What's the fuck August?"

"Ion know Jas. I didn't see anything coming."

"What the doctors say?"

"It's just a lil wound. They took out the bullet and stitched it up. Nothing fatal obviously."

"What were you doing?"

"I had a show, was in the middle of a set. Bullets came outta nowhere and down my ass went."

"Damn."

He looks over at me. "How did you get here?"

"I drove, what you mean?" I ask sitting done. I realize I didn't bother to grab my jacket leaving out the house. "Fuck I left my coat."

"I see that. I appreciate you coming to check on me although yo ass ain't suppose to driving." I laugh, "The doctor said take precautions. She didn't say I couldn't." I rub my round belly.

"You so hardheaded."

"I know. We had to come check on you though."

He smiles. "Could've called."

"Boy please. I guess I should've been noticed I was showing the nurse stared me down."

"You said some?"

"No. I really think she thought I was groupie or some shit. I told her I was your girlfriend and to google that shit." He laughs, "Wow Jas."

"Yeah."

"Listen I'm sorry for earlier." He says. "It's fine. I get it."

"I get your point on it too. They're growing and will be here before we know it."

"She will."

"What?"

"It's a girl..."

We both side there smiling. Our happy moment is soon over as the door opens. "Baby oh my God! I'm so glad you're okay." Arielle says. "Whoa Jasmine!" EJ says. My stomach then became the center of attention.

I try to smile a bit but that's from the furtherest thing I feel like doing. "I should get going. I'm glad you're okay Aug. later guys." I couldn't get out of their fast enough.

"Jasmine! Jasmine Taylor." Fuck. The paparazzi covered the entire side of the building. I quickly get inside my car hoping they didn't catch me or my pregnant stomach.

I get back to the house and Cato is sitting on the porch. "Where did you go?"

"Hospital. Where did y'all go?"

"Had some work to put in."

"I'll be glad when y'all leave Hernandez."

"The money talks Jas." One of their typical answers. "I guess."

I walk into the house and Jay pictures pops up on my scene. "Hello?"

"You went to see August I see." My heart stops for a second. "Please say they didn't get a picture of me."

"Nah they didn't."

"Good. Arielle and EJ saw me."

"Your stomach?"

"Yeah. I left before too many questions were asked."

"Wow. I just wanted to check in with you though."

"Alright later Jay."

I wonder what's next.