Chapter 8; Month 1:

I blink my eyes open so glad to see my ceiling above me. I'm alive, relief fills my body. I look to the right and my smile widens.

"I'm alive!" I exclaim jumping ontop of his chest and stradling him. 

"Whoa well good morning, what's got you in such a crazy mood?" Ethan asks putting his hands on my waist and blinking his eyes open. 

"I woke up this morning." I say smiling down at him. He sits up so now I'm sitting in his lap and his lips crash onto mine. I smile against his lips and he slowly pulls back.

"Samantha! Ethan! Wake up!" My mother yells from downstairs.

"How'd she know you were-"

"She came in to check on you and I asked her permission to stay the night with you." He says and I smile, that's right I had asked him to stay the night and completely forgot about my parents. I roll over onto my stomach and grab my journal and pen. 

"I'm going to go grab a pair of clothes I'll be back in like five minutes." Ethan says. I nod and hear him climb off of my bed and out the door. I click the pen and start to right.

It's a new day and I'm alive, I woke up in the arms of the man I love, the man who is holding my hand through this craziness. Fear is still within me but I am working through it. I start my new round of medicine today, it helps with the headaches and stomach aches. The snow as always is beautiful and the sun shining down on the snow covered ground gives it a sparkle and glow that adds to the beauty. Today I'm going ice skating and I'm so excited. Maybe my life can change, as long as I keep hope and faith.

~Samantha

"Can I come in?" Ethan asks through the door.

"Yeah!" I call he slips in wearing a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

"You still not dressed? You do know we have to leave in five minutes." He says.

"Shit!" I exclaim jumping off of my bed and rushing over to the closet. I pull off my sweats completely forgetting Ethan's in here.

"Nice view!" He calls and I throw him the bird yanking on the jeans then I throw off my top and put some deoderant on then pull on a black long sleeved shirt.

"Awee you wanna look like me." He says. I turn around and roll my eyes. I go to pull my hair up-

"No wear it down." He says and I smile. I let the waves hang down my back and walk over to him. I pull on tan heeled boots and look over at him.

"Good?" I ask doing a small twirl.

"Anything you wear is good, you look fine let's go!" He exclaims. I pull on my jacket, scarf, and beanie and we basically run down the stairs and out of the house. 

"Bye mom!" I call before shutting the door behind me. We get into Ethan's car and he starts it up and we drive to school. I put on some mascara and lipgloss, then when I go to put on some foundation Ethan grabs my hand.

"You're more gorgeous without it." He says and I smile dropping everything in my bag. We interlace fingers and walk into the school.

**

"I can't do this." I say after my third time of falling on my ass onto the hard ice. Ethan just laughs.

"Yes you can." He says pulling me back up and grabbing my hand.

"Just follow my lead." I sigh but move my skates the same as him. After four hard falls slash stumbles I finally get the hang of it.

"See there ya go." He says, I drop his hand and start skating on my own him behind me. I do a small spin every now and then. It's as if my feet are doing whatever they'd like. I start gliding over the ice and I put my arms out to the sides. My feet move me into a spin and my body follows the lead. I go down with one leg out spinning then come back up spinning with my legs together. I laugh as Ethan's arms wrap around me and we skate in sync my back to his chest.