v

It had been mere days since Rey had beaten Kylo Ren, and left him bleeding, well and truly defeated, in the snow. 

But it felt like it had been longer.

He had no idea if he was still alive or not - Starkiller Base had most likely obliterated him along with the majority of the First Order. But he had probably found some way out, to survive. 

But even if he had, Rey wasn't concerned about it. She would worry if he was still alive when she saw him with her own two eyes and not a moment before. Now, she had to concentrate on Luke.

Luke Skywalker was just as all of the myths had claimed - powerful, distant, brooding. But there was something they had got wrong - he wanted the ways of the Jedi to end.

She had gone to him, hoping he would return with her to the Resistance base and bring the war to an end. And there was something inside her that had hoped that he would have trained her.

But when she had gone to him, he had refused her. He had thrown his lightsaber over his shoulder. He had told her to go home. He hadn't wanted to train her, or to leave with her.

But one night, it changed.

Three lessons, he promised her. Three lessons, and he'd teach her the ways of the force. Three lessons, and she would realise why the Jedi had to end. 

He may not have been the person Rey thought he would be, but still - he knew everything.

The force, the wars, the silent battles, the fall of the Empire, the rise of the First Order - any of the questions Rey had about anything, he could answer with ease. But it wasn't just his knowledge that she was in awe of. His power was unlike anyone's she had ever seen. 

She felt it, in the Force. It outshone her own, Kylo's - she was willing to bet he was more powerful than any being in the galaxy.

Despite everything, though, despite all of his wonders and powers and whatnot, there was another side to Luke that Rey had only glimpsed. He was hiding something, something dark and heavy - and it made Rey conscious to step lightly around him. 

It slipped Rey's mind occasionally that the fate of the galaxy was resting on both of their shoulders.

No pressure.