the second year | october - december

You try to tell yourself that it's the jet lag that has got you feeling like this while you sit in the fourth row of the London Royal Opera House, but your body knows better. Camila will always have this effect on you. Watching her dance will always make your senses respond in the most intimate and intense way.

Between the two of you, the line between dancing and touching was always a blurry one.

:::

october

:::

You really don't have time to lick your tongue over the curve of Camila's neck, because second year is way more demanding than first - but she tastes so good that you can't help it.

"Fuck..." she swears against your ear. "Lauren - God... that feels-"

The muscles of her stomach flex when your graze your fingers over the heated skin, and it's almost like she's chasing your touch. The thought makes your head spin.

"Laur-"

You curl the tip of your thumb right over the edge of her hipbone and she bucks against you.

"Fuck - we can't - we really have to-"

With your hands tangled in her hair, you kiss her so hard that she moans into your mouth. She lets herself fall into you as you pull on her hips, keeping yourself pressed against her, while your hand falls down to the small of her back and then lower, right to-

She breaks away abruptly, grabbing your wrist and yanking it back. "We have class."

The heavy brown of her eyes is nothing but heat; her lips are slightly swollen and her cheeks are blazing red. Your heart speeds up at the sight. All you want to do is kiss her again, push her back against the wall of the studio and-

The corner of her mouth curls upwards. "Later, Lauren."

Before you can say anything, she pushes you off of her and walks into the direction of the door without saying anything else.

You don't have time for any of this - but you can't help it.

//

"What are you doing?"

Normani looks up with a frown, before shaking her head and rolling her eyes at you. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

You stare at the half-packed suitcase on her bed, the clothes sorted into different piles next to it, the bag with toiletries. "Are you going on a trip?"

Normani nods slowly. "I have to go back to Atlanta for a while."

She doesn't say anything else, just continues folding her clothes and putting them into her suitcase. You shift on your bed, a little unsure. There's something harsh in Normani's movements, something tense. After a moment of hesitation, you mumble, "Are you ok?"

At that, Normani looks up. Her bottom lip trembles when she says, "My grandma is really ill."

A wave of emotion rushes through your chest. "Oh, Mani..."

It only takes you a second to cross the room and wrap your arms around your roommate, pulling her into you. She shudders a little against your shoulder, before breaking away and quickly wiping the tears out of her eyes. "I'm ok, I'm really - you don't have to... she might not..."

She trails off and you pull her right back against you. "Come on" you mumble against her cheek. "Just hug me."

Her shoulders shake when she allows herself to fall into you. Your chest stings. "Mani, if there's anything I can do to help..."