I Think I Wanna Marry You

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Wordcount: 1600

Summary: Stuck without a date to her sister's wedding, Y/n has to ask one of the Winchester's to play pretend with her for the next two weeks...

~*~*~*~

Y/N pulls the phone from her ear, her frustration drawn out in the creases in her brow.

"Well?" Dean asks, sat opposite her at the library table. Before him lies an open lore book, on a page about Nordic gods and how to kill them, and his cup of coffee sits dangerously close to the irreplaceable relic. With Sam out doing some shopping, it's just the two of them at home, trying to dig up some info that might be useful for future use.

Pinching her brow, the young girl shakes her head, waving a dismissive hand. "Nothing. It's fine."

"Ya' sure?"

"Yes." She says, trying to sound convincing, but its of no use, because the elder Winchester has known her long enough to see past her facades.

Living together for nearly five years now, calling her his best-friend even feels like an understatement. They got to know each other a while back through a hunt involving a Tulpa in California; Y/N's kill, but the boy's happened to jump in on it and help out. Surprise surprise: a friendship sparked, and ever since then, the relationship has flourished greatly.

To Dean, Y/N is family, just like Cas or Charlie or any of the other members of their little rehabilitation program they've picked up over the years. And with that, he knows—well enough—that despite her efforts to dismiss it, something is nudging at her mind.

"Obviously not. You seem like you're about to explode. What is it?" He shuts the book and leans forward. Y/N still looks exasperated; still tries to act like she isn't, and fails terribly. When she finally lifts her gaze, her expression is that of defeat.

"It's my sister." She says mournfully. "She's calling me about her wedding coming up this month, and wants to know if I've been signed up to the family news letter that allows me to see all the updates on things like which floral arrangement we're going to have. Surprise surprise—I'm not."

"Damn." Dean says plainly, still not seeing the reason behind her chagrin. Y/N rolls her eyes at him, trying to look annoyed, but the smile that she suppresses says otherwise.

A sardonic laugh escapes her. "Yeah, damn indeed." She rises from her seat, downing her coffee. Dean glances at his, then stretches it across to her. She finishes it in a single glug.

"So....what now?" He leans back in the chair. "You don't know the floral arrangements? Doesn't sound so bad."

"I don't know anything about this wedding, Dean. I don't know where it's gonna be, I don't know who's gonna be there, and—until I few seconds ago—I didn't know I'm going to have to be in Boston next week. S/P/N mentioned it in the newsletter but...." Her voice drifts off and she folds her lips into a straight-line, shrugging.

"What's in Boston?"

"The wedding, apparently. Who even gets married in Boston? Yuck." Y/N scowls.

"Your sister, apparently." He almost rolls his eyes. "Right, so...go to Boston. Show up for the rehearsal, see your family, have fun, and then get back here once everything's done."

Dean explains it like it's so easy. To him, it is. Wedding prepping can't take more than three weeks, can it....? He wouldn't know. He's never had the chance to even be part of a wedding, but he assumes that that's an appropriate estimate.