Chapter 1

I was just 2 moons old when the first vision happened. I was playing with my sister Smokekit when suddenly I was looking through different, older eyes. I was a leader named Stormstar. I was sitting vigal for a cat named Minnowbrook. Even though I didn't even know him, I could barely breathe knowing he was dead. From the wounds on his pelt I could tell he had died in a battle. I wanted to avenge this tom I didn't even know! ThunderClan will pay for this! Then everything was back to normal. "Hey Stormkit, are you ok?" I heard a high pitched voice behind me say. It was my sister Smokekit. "Yeah," I replied "I'm fine."

Later I walked up to Mom and asked "Who's Minnowbrook?" She immediately stopped eating her vole mid-bite and stared at me. She then abandoned her freshkill and told me to follow her. She went into the nursery. Out of the enterance I saw Smokekit chasing a butterfly into the elders' den. Mom said to me "How do you know about Minnowbrook? Did Halfear tell you?" She was almost hissing as she spoke. "I... I was just playing and then it was kinda like a dream but I was awake and I was leader and Minnowbrook was there but dead and..." Mom said to me in a soft voice, "Slow down Stormkit. That was just a vision. Medicine cats have those all the time. In fact, Greytail doesn't have an apprentice, you could learn how to save cats from illness and injuries! You would be able to walk with StarClan!" My ears flattened in horror, I wanted to be leader! However, Mom did have a point. I could still help the Clan but at the expense of my dream? I could still drop out if I decide to be a warrior. I'll try it out. I said weakly "I'll try it, to help the Clan." She replied, "You are so much like my sister!" I asked, "Who's your sister?" "She's in StarClan, her name was Stormstar."