No Matter What

"I couldn't say no," Harry started he was going to tell him the whole truth, "I wanted to but I– when I saw how totally expectant and hopeful you were, how nervous you were I couldn't say no."

Louis swallowed the dryness in this throat and waited for the boy to continue.

"Why did you want to say no? I mean, I thought you were happy with me." Louis questioned.

Harry nods slowly and takes a deep breath.

"I am Lou, I am. I'm so happy with you but that's not why I wanted to say no." Harry began.

"Then what?" Louis pushed eager.

Harry sighed.

"I don't think we are ready for such a commitment. Marriage is huge–"Harry was cut off.

"We had William and we were only together for a few months not even close to a year." Louis said.

"Yes and that just shows how totally reckless and naive we are or were..." Harry pauses a moment, "but we've changed a bit and here it is a year later today and we're getting married. I said yes because seeing you the way you were so nervous and hopeful and seeing you start to cry. And saying I hope you say yes. I couldn't say no Lou, I couldn't." Harry said.

Louis stayed silent for a moment before talking.

"So you said yes because I wanted you to?" Louis said.

Harry shook his head.

"I told you that's not only why Louis, I love you." Harry said.

"I didn't give you that ring," Louis points to Harry's hand "just because I love you. Nope not at all I gave it to you because I want you," Louis paused "forever, and because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. To spend everyday proving how much you are to me. So our son can grow up and tell the story of how his parents were so damn naive and went overboard and had him, how months later we got engaged and his mum didn't want to–" "I want to marry you Louis Jesus Christ I want to!" Harry interrupted his eyes were glossed with tears.

"Maybe I don't want to marry you right away but I do Louis. I will wear this ring to say I'm going to be yours forever. I want our son to grow up and tell people about his parents love story too but I don't him saying I didn't want to marry you when I did." Harry said grabbing Louis' hand and squeezing it.

"So it's not a lie?" Louis asked sounding on edge.

"No baby." Harry leaned over and kissed Louis' cheek.

"I'm sorry." Louis said sounding guilty.

"No you had every right to think the way you did. I appreciate everything you did. I loved it all even if it was over the top! I love you so much." Harry cooed.

"I love you most. Now what did you mean by not getting married right away did you mean getting married after a year like normal or?" Louis questioned.

Harry sighed.

"I just want to wait I don't want rush things," Harry started, "a lot can happen in such a short amount of time."

"Nothing will happen princess," Louis said taking the exit to London, but quickly looks over at Harry seeing an expression on his face begging almost, "what?"

"I don't want to get married Lou not in one year." Harry states simply.

"Then when?" Louis questions taking another turn the streets were becoming familiar now and Harry was getting excited.

Excited to see his baby.

"I don't know. When I'm ready." Harry said after a beat.

Louis sighed.