three

|Anastasia|

"Oh, honey! How I've missed you!" My highly intoxicated mother exclaimed.

"Shhh!" I placed my finger over my mouth and looked at her harshly. "Austin is asleep. You know, your son. Your second child. My brother; whom you clearly give zero fucks about."

"Oh, shush. I think I know who my own kids are; I also give a fuck about both of you." She started tossing various foods onto the counter from the fridge. "I'm so underappreciated around here. I haven't done shit to neither of you."

"Exactly!" I whisper-shouted. "You don't do shit. You don't pay for shit. You're eating my money." I pointed towards the sandwich that she shoved into her mouth. "I work my ass off and you feed off it. What do I get? Nothing. Not even a thank you!"

She shrugged, finishing the sandwich. "Not my fault you wanna go be a whore for money." She filled a cup with water. "Good luck finding a real job with that gem on your resume."

"Well, if I had an actual mother to help provide for her family, maybe I wouldn't have to stress about never getting a real job. Maybe I could actually be affective in school and get a real education, rather than just trying to pass so I can at least get my diploma."

"Well, if I had an actual daughter to help me a support me through a hard fucking time. I'd love for you to walk in my shoes for just one day." She rolled her eyes, setting the cup in the sink.

I'd love for you to walk in my shoes for just one day. You don't have the slightest idea of the shit I go through on a daily basis. So, fuck you for degrading me. I work my ass off around here just so you can go out and get drunk and open your legs for anything that breathes."

She let out a loud, dramatic sigh. "I don't know who you are. I certainly didn't raise you like this. I'm clearly not wanted here. So, I'll get out of your hair. Thanks for the support, daughter." Those were her last words before walking out.

I slammed my fists on the counter top and let out soft sobs, keeping from waking Austin. I looked at the clock. It's already 5 am. I gathered myself and took in a deep breath, pushing the loose strands of hair that fell from my bun behind my ears. I walked up to my room and grabbed clothes that I planned to wear for school and took them with me into the bathroom.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and unlocked it to turn on some music. The screen went straight to Ethan's new contact. I tapped my thumbs on the sides of my phone, contemplating if this was a good idea.

Stop being such a pussy.

I took in a long breath and quickly touched the message bubble icon and began typing.

Me: Could really use some coffee, figured I'd take you up on your offer.

I sat down my phone, expecting him to be asleep at a time like this. Though, I was proven wrong. As I leaned down to turn on the shower my phone buzzed against the counter. I turned the nozzle to let the water heat up and walked over to my phone, reading his reply.

Ethan: Great! I know the perfect place. Would you like me to pick you up or do you want to meet me?

There is no way in hell he's seeing where I live.

You're a stripper in the south side. It's not like he expects you to live in a mansion.

Me: I'll meet up with you. Where's it at?

Ethan: It's called Moby's off of Manchester.

Moby's is just a few blocks down from where I live. I went there all the time when we first moved here. It was like my getaway place. The employees know me like their own child. The manager there is like the mother I never had. I stopped going because I got so caught up in everything. Mostly just trying to make a living.

Me: Sounds good. Meet you there in an hour?

Ethan: See you in an hour. :)

I set down my phone and quickly showered and got dressed. I like to let my face breathe during the day because I tend to put on more make up than my skin can handle at night. I put on a little mascara and filled in my eyebrows so I didn't look so dead.

I scribbled a note for Austin and left it on the kitchen counter. I grabbed my phone and walked to the subway just a couple streets down. Surprisingly enough, there weren't that many people. Typically the subway is absolutely packed.

I sat in silence as the train moved quickly to my destination. I looked at the lady that sat across from me as she played with her child, who was in a baby carrier. I couldn't help but smile at the way she smiled at her baby. Most mothers would disregard the fact that a smaller version of them is sitting right there. She is the kind of mother I want to be. I don't want to be the one that forgets about her kid.

The train stopped, signaling that it is my time to leave. Before I stepped off the train I stood by the lady and looked into the carrier. The child was a little girl. Probably under a year old. I looked back at the woman with a small smile on my face. "Never lose that love and compassion for her. She's going to need it for the rest of her life."

She looked back at me and returned the same small smile I gave her. "Not even in my dreams could I stop loving her." She looked back at her daughter and smiled even bigger.

"Good." As I began to step out of the train she spoke up.

"You will find someone with the same love and compassion towards you as I do towards my daughter." She looked up at me. "Just give it some time."

I looked at her, my eyebrows knitted together in concern. How would she know I have mother issues? I wasn't able to speak so I simply nodded and exited the train.

I quickly made my way to the familiar coffee shop. Just walking down the streets was a huge flashback. It really took me back in time. I opened the door, hearing the familiar ding of the bell that hung right above the entrance.

"Anastasia!" A loud voice echoed through the coffee shop, interrupting everyone of their nameless thoughts due to it being rather early in the morning. I must say, it even woke me up a bit. The same fiery red haired lady quickly made her way to me and engulfed me in a bear hug. It was more like a "cub" hug considering she is a tall height of 4'8. My arms wrapped around her shoulders tightly taking in all the lost time. She loosened her grip around me and held onto me by my arms, looking me over. Out of no where, my arm stung quite badly. I looked at where it stung to notice it was in the shape of a hand. She just hit me!

"Ow!" I rubbed my arm.

"You deserve that for leaving me for so long. Where in the hell have you been?"

I dropped my hand to my side. "Mom problems again."

She knew what that meant. She rolled her eyes and tossed her arms into the air. "If I had the ability to, I'd snatch the both of you from that bitch."

I laughed at her anger. She was not a very intimidating woman.

"I'm serious!" She sat in a booth. "Never mind that. Sit! Tell me how you've been."

"Actually, I'm supposed to meet someone here to grab some coffee. It's quite funny that he's the one that offered to come here."

Her hands flew to her mouth as if I just told her I'm getting married. "Who is this boy?"

Right as she asked that the bell rang above the door. We both turned our attention to the door.

"Oh, hello, Ethan!" She got up from the booth and gave him the same hug she gave me.

"Linda." He said with a smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I want to apologize for such slow updates. I just got a job so I've been hella busy. However! I have not forgotten about you guys or this story. I will continue to update as quickly as possible but don't hate me if it takes me a while sometimes please.

I hope everyone's been doing good. Have a nice week :)