Melanie x Jestro

Melanie is SoundOfDarknessPL's OC. Hope you like it!

"Why can't this darn stone truck roll any faster?" I hit the stone with my bare hands. I bet if there were any girls around they would've swooned, even though I was made up like a jester. An electric jester.

"Patience, Joke Boy." Monstrox rolled his eyes. "We'll get there soon." 

I frowned. "Where are we even going?" 

"Burningham, baby! I'm going to see if I can try to wangle some more recruits there again." 

I sighed. "But we've already got tons of stone things for our army." 

Monstrox glanced at them, but didn't say anything. Just then, a small town that looked as if it had just burst into flames appeared in the distance.

"We're nearly there! Hold onto your horses, Joke Boy." Monstrox grinned as the stone vehicle surged forward. 

Lava people threw flames at us as we entered Burningham. 

"It is I, Monstrox! Stop throwing things at me!" Monstrox swaggered, inflating his head.

I rolled my eyes. Then I spotted someone in the crowd. It was Melanie.

The lava girl was wearing a black coat and she had pulled the hood over her head and low over her face, but I had seen her without her hood once when she had worked for Monstrox. She had had jet-black hair tied up in a ponytail, which camouflaged against the black of her coat. I could make out her slender, cat-like eyes and razor-sharp claws. 

Melanie caught my eye and I blushed. She looked away in disgust. Everyone here hated us. 

General Magmar, her twin brother, walked up to us and began to yell.

"Be gone with you! We have no business with you anymore." 

Melanie didn't say anything but she looked at Monstrox with disdain. 

Suddenly, I had an idea. I jumped off our stone vehicle and addressed the fire people. 

"My old recruits! We have not come here to harm you. We only wish to make alliances." I looked around, gesturing with my hands. "What do you say?"

Murmurs started up. I looked back at Melanie. She shrugged, as if to say, I can't help it if they don't want to.

Just then, someone called out. "We don't want to make alliances!"

"Yeah! We already have a good one with the Nexo Knights!"

"Plus, you guys are evil."

"We stopped fighting a long time ago!"

"Enough!" General Magmar called. He looked at me. "Well? You've got your answers. Be gone, now."

I sighed and climbed back into my vehicle. I felt Melanie's eyes boring into my back as we headed off. 

"Nice try, Joke Boy." Monstrox said. "We nearly got them. But we're sure to find some new allies somewhere." 

"I guess."

Thunder clapped and it started to rain.

"Let's go inside." Monstrox and I headed indoors. 

Later that day, I kept thinking about Melanie. I wish she worked for us. Then I could stare at her discreetly every day. 

Just then, a knock on the door sent me out of my reverie. Who would be visiting a stone vehicle in the middle of the pouring rain? 

As I opened the door, two glowing, cat-like eyes stared back at me from underneath a dark hood. 

"Melanie!" I gasped. "What are you doing here?" 

"I told General Magmar that he wasn't being fair to you. Well..." she trailed off, but then regained confidence. "I'm here to work with you."

"Really?" I was amazed. "Wow, Melanie!"

"Hey, Joke Boy!" Monstrox yelled. "Who's at the door?" 

"Our new member of the bad guy crew!" I grinned. Monstrox floated around and narrowed his eyes at Melanie. She stared right back, her eyes glowing fiercely. 

"Eh, well. She could do." Monstrox said. He floated back in. "Tell our new 'crew' member to go make me a smoothie." 

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Melanie." she followed me inside. 

* * * *

"The new forbidden power is near. I can just feel it!" Monstrox laughed evilly. "Just a few more and we'll be good to go!"

"I see the Nexo Knights." Melanie told me quietly. She was right. The Fortrex was rolling up right in front of us.

"Monstrox!" I said. "The Nexo Knights!" 

Monstrox rolled his eyes. "Ugh!" he said. We watched as the Nexo Knights exited the Fortrex and began to brandish their swords at me. 

"You'll never get the next forbidden power, Monstrox!" Clay yelled. Monstrox groaned. 

"Melanie, take care of them." he said. "I can't be bothered to."  

Melanie sighed and climbed out of our vehicle. The Nexo Knights looked surprised to see her. 

"Melanie?" Clay gasped. Melanie did not answer. Instead, lava began to flow from her clenched fists. The Nexo Knights held up their shields. 

Just then, our vehicle began to move. Monstrox wasn't bothered. Our 'stone truck' began to roll away from the Nexo Knights and Melanie. 

"Wait! What's happening?" I asked. 

"We're going to the forbidden power, numskull." Monstrox sneered.

"But what about Melanie?" I asked.

"Oh, forget about her." Monstrox said. "We didn't need her." 

I looked back at Melanie desperately. She met my eyes and smiled reassuringly. Then she turned back to the Nexo Knights. 

I didn't stop thinking about her all day long.