Chapter 2

Chapter: 2

Conversation with the Houseman's

Johnny liked Babe's idea but he didn't think that her parents would allow such a thing. And where should they got the money from. Johnny drove to the house of the Houseman's. He helped Babe to unload her luggage. Babe asked Johnny to stay at there house but he didn't take the offer. Babe entered the house. No-one was home. It was nearly dinnertime and her parents and Lisa would surely arrive in a few minutes. She took her cases up to her room she shared with her sister and took a shower. When she went down again her family sat on the kitchen table.

Babe: Hi.

Marge: Babe, you are back. We have missed you. Was it nice?

Babe: Yes it was nice. We had a great time. Johnny brought me back today. He stays at an inn.

Jake: He is here, too.

Babe: Yes, Dad. He is in the city. Why don't you like him?

Marge: Babe!

Jake: It's not that I don't like him. I just know him not well enough. I don't know what kind of person he is. What he does for a living, what his plans for his future are.

Babe: Then talk to him.

Babe and her family eat dinner together. After it Lisa went up to her room and did her homework.

Babe: Mom. Dad. I need to speak with you.

All three of them sat in the living room. Babe wasn't sure what she should say her parents.

Babe: Thank you that you gave me the chance to be alone with Johnny for a few days. We had the time to speak about our future. He loves me and want to stay with me. And I love him, too and I will stay with him.

Jake and Marge looked at each other. This was not the result they have expected.

Babe: And I am not longer sure if I still will go to the college.

Jake: What?!? Since elementary school you wanted to study. What happened to you?

Babe: I learned to life another life. A free life.

Marge: Are you sure about this? I still want to study but I didn't get the chance to do this. It was a big mistake that I still regret. Please don't make the same mistake. When I met your father he was my whole world and I didn't take the chance to do something for my own future. When I got pregnant my dreams became dreams who were never going to be real. Don't make the same mistake.

Babe and Jake looked and the woman.

Babe: Johnny told me something similar. And he want that I go to the college. If I will or not. He says that he didn't want be the reason that I ruin my life.

Jake: Oh, really? Then I don't think that he is too bad at all.

Babe shoot a look at her father.

Babe: But I don't know if I go to study economics. I don't know what course I will take.

Jake: As long as you went to it and do the exam.

Babe: I asked Johnny if he would like to open a dance school with me. He said yes.

Marge: A dance school?

Jake: How would you do this? You are only seventeen and I don't think that he has enough money to open one. And when would you go to college?

Babe: You sounds just like Johnny. I know that we can make it and I can get enough money to open the school for us.

Jake: Really? From where? Robbing a bank?