Chapter 8: Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Your POV

I woke up the next day to it being incredibly dark in the lab. I sighed as I sat up and my feet met with the cold cement floor making me shiver. I stood and looked at the bed to see no one else there. I rose a brow and grabbed my glasses as i left the room. I pushed on the heavy metal door to have it screech to life as the rusty hinges had to move.

I listened to the pads of my feet hitting the cement floor as I moved around the lab. The lab was deathly cold. I could see my breath in front of me. I sighed as I walked to the main room. So far I haven't seen Stein. I turned the corner to the kitchen and hit the light switch. Nothing happened. I rose a brow and did it again. "Damn faulty switch." I mumbled. I went to the swith on the other side of the kitchen and flicked it. Nothing.

"I wonder if we popped a breaker." I sighed. I began walking around the house as I held my arms to keep warm. "Stein! Where the hell are you? Why isn't the power working and why is it so cold?" I asked. I got no response. I sighed and found a throw blanket on the couch. I grabbed it and wrapped it around myself.

I contnued walking around the rest of the house as I searched for Stein. It was dark so that didn't make it too easy. But since my eyes had been adjusted I was able to see a bit better. I sighed again as I had found the window from the front of the house. I moved the curtian to see the moonlight. "How long was I asleep for?" I asked mysef. I turned when I heard something shuffle. "Hello? Stein?" I asked. I moved closer to the noise slowly.

I heard a soft feminine giggle as I stopped. I straightened out my back and turned my hand into a blade. "Who's there?" I asked. I watched as a feminie foot moved from the shadows. I looked up as they stepped out more. "Hello (y/n). It's been a while hasn't it?" she asked. I gritted my teeth. "What do you want?" I asked with venom dripping from my voice.

"Aww don't be like that." she said. She moved closer to me and I let the blanket fall as I let my arms turn completly to blades. "Don't move closer to me." I said. "Where is Stein?" I asked as I glared at her. Her face fell from a cheeky grin to a frown. "I don't think you should be staying with someone who can be so dangerous." she said. I growled. "I am willing to sacrifice myself if need be." I said. She let out a small tsk. "You shouldn't be willing to do such things. Especially to people who are more powerful than you can ever imagine. Even under the influence of madness." she said as two shadow wolves moved from her back and to the floor where she leaned on them.

"Don't you remember the madness I have? Or did you forget how you planted it into me?" I asked. She frowned again before smirking slightly. "It was for your own good. You were too soft." she said. I snarled. "Too soft? When I first came here I was never 'too soft' I had to fight to get where I am and no thanks to you!" I said. She blinked at me before sighing. She stood up straight. "Well if you're as strong as you think you are then you can find your beloved Stein on your own." she said before she vanished. I felt her soul leave the area as the power in the lab came back on and the furnace began running.

I fell to my knees as I held my chest and shook from the close encounter. I snapped to reality and stood. I ran through the lab trying to find Stein. I found him in his lab room on his knees and chained to the wall. "Stein!" I said and ran to him. He looked at me and sighed. I moved the gag off his mouth and kissed him. He smiled lightly. "(y/n)..." he said. I looked at him as the tears filled my vision. "What did she do to you?" I asked. He looked down for a second. "I think she gave me some sort of drug. It made me not able to talk. I guess it wore off by time she left. Who the hell was that?" he asked. I hugged him and sighed. I noticed the cuts and tears he had on him and his clothes. He put up a fight protecting me. I smiled lightly. I stood and cut the chains from the wall. He fell forward a bit but I caught him. "Stein I need you to stand." I said.

He stood slowly and smiled as he patted my head. "We need to get to the DWMA. Spirit and them can protect you." I said. His face fell as I said that. "No." he siad. I looked at him. "What? Why?" I asked. "I will not allow you to risk your life trying to find her." he said. He held my wrist. "It won't take much for me to find her." I siad. He rose a brow. He stood up straight on his own. "What?" he asked. "I'll explain everything when we get to the DWMA. But for now we need to go." I said. He nodded and we left for the DWMA.