Chapter 3 - Just Another Day

Camila awoke thinking about the new student from yesterday, Wednesday Addams. She remained a strange but very pretty girl. The attention that Wednesday paid to her, was both flattering and unnerving all at the same time. It was a bit like a gruesome accident on the highway that one simply could not look away from. Especially considering that the other sexier accident, didn't want anything to do with her.

As she dressed and got ready for school, her mind drifted to the rather hideous, Taylor Swift. While Lauren was mean, cruel and frequently insulting, Camila could see the good in Lauren. Well maybe not actually good, but there was a not totally evil side of Lauren and Camila wanted to know that side. Taylor however, had no good side and everyone knew it. Taylor was nasty, plain and simple. Camila dreaded having to see that sell appointed queen bee, pretty much each and every day.

As she got to the car to leave for school, she found her sister looking at her phone with a rather incredulous expression.

"What's up Ann?"

Looking up from her phone, "I just got at text from my friend, Shelly. It seems that Taylor Swift dropped out of school and her family mysteriously moved away last night."

Camila stopped dead in her tracks as her eyes nearly bugged out of her head. "What you talking about Willis?"

Ann frowned. "That joke was funny and relevant about 30 years ago, why must my sister keep watching ancient, unfunny TV shows. No wonder you don't have a man."

Camila scoffed. "Ok then, where's yours."

"Just get in the car." Snapped the elder Cabello, harshly. "You heard me right, Taylor Swift, moved away."

Camila was amazed, the person who in the school who was the most mean to her, next to Lauren of course, was suddenly gone. As the car pulled away from the home, Camila felt a great weight lift from her shoulders.

Arriving at school she spotted a familiar black shape walking across the parking lot; it was Wednesday Addams. Looking over, she could see the ghostly white girl was wearing the same black dress and carrying a black umbrella shading herself from the sun.

Still Camila, friendly to a fault, walked over with a smile.

"Hello Wednesday, what's up. Getting settled in alright?

The pale girl looked up and with her standard dour expression said. "Good Morning Camila. I'm fine. I had something to clear up last night, but it's all taken care of now. Walk with me."

Pointing to the umbrella, Camila remarked. "You don't like the sun."

"No, it's bad for my skin. The more corpse like the better, as my mother would say."

Camila quickly disregarded the odd comment and excitedly said the news she was dying to tell. "Hey, good news. That girl Taylor, the one who was so mean to you yesterday. I hear she abruptly moved away."

Wednesday nodded. "Interesting. It's a pity I didn't get to say, goodbye. I like goodbyes, the permanent one's especially. Tell me about your singing."

As the pair walked, to the school, Camila told Wednesday about what she liked to sing and how she wanted to be a pop star. At one point she could have sworn she saw Lauren walking around the backside of the school, but paid her little notice.

Besides the fact she was ultra-grim, one thing Camila appreciated about Wednesday was her attentiveness. When you spoke, she focused on you intently, to the point she rarely seemed to blink. Deep down Camila craved attention and she ate it right up.

School started and, Camila sat next to Wednesday and Carter class seemed to go as normal. There were a few exceptions, Camila noticed that Carter seemed not to call Wednesday and looked nervous when he gazed in her direction. Several others did as well. Ryder, sat at the opposite end of the room and avoided looking at her completely.