24|Northen Lights

After hugging Tony I had asked him about my clothes. The clothes I brought were the things I had on and the things I packed, but both were more for summer or spring or fall, not a place for the cold like Alaska.

  Tony has then told me about how he asked Nat to pack some warm and cold clothes for me. So now me and Tony are climbing down the stairs wearing winter clothes, my camera was still hung around my neck as well as my mini backpack over my shoulders.

  A man was a the bottom of the stairs awaiting for us. He held my hand helping me down the stairs carefully before helping Tony a bit down the stairs as well.

  "Mister Stark," he greeted. "Miss Paula."

  "Sir," I greeted back receiving a smile from the man.

  "If you both would follow me," so we did. There was a bit of ice on the ground and a few times I would almost slip but catch myself in the end.

  The nice man had led us inside were he then led up to a car. Once inside the car we were taken to this nice hotel where Tony just needed to show his face and bam, we get the best room there was.

  I took off the fluffy jacket as I sat on the bed. "I'll be right back, need to pick up something." I didn't get to utter a word as he left the room.

  "Fine. Guess I'm just staying here then." I spoke to myself taking out a the book Six of Crows by Leigh B. Ardugo.

>>

  Tony was gone for such a long time! We arrived here around four in the morning and by now its twelve at night. Thats right he's been gone for eighteen hours. In the huge time I've had to myself I was able to finish two books, explore the hotel we stay at, as well as explore a bit of the city.

  I was already in pj's, phone in hand scrolling through Instagram. Sighing I turned off the lamp beside the bed, plugging my phone then slipping it under my pillow, before resting my head on the pillow. Wonder if Tony got drunk and started flirting with th- my thoughts wee cut off when the door opened.

  Sitting up in alarm the lights turned on to show Tony. "Tony?"

  "Well who else would it be?" He asked walking towards me. "Why are you in pajamas?"

  "Because its twelve at night," I pointed over to the clock that hung on the wall. "Where have you been all this time?"

  "Getting you something," he said. "But I'll give it to you later. For now get dressed we're going out to see those lights."

"Do you even know where to find them?" I asked going into my suitcase finding some warm clothes to wear.

  "Yes I do," and just like that he left the room.

  Rolling my different colored eyes I quickly changed into the warmer clothes, slung my mini backpack on, hung my camera around my neck, placed my phone in a pocket, then placed a beanie on.

  Walking out of the room Tony stood there waiting for me. Once he did see me he took my hand leading me into the elevator where once it was open he lead me out of the hotel into a car where he drove towards the mountains before parking, taking my hand once more before letting it go.

  I opened my mouth to say something but he shushed me and pointed towards the sky. Glancing up I was light green, green, and orange lights in the sky. I've always dreamt of seeing the northern lights in person but never believed it could be possible but now look at me.

  "Take a picture," Tony spoke. "It will last longer." Making sure my flash was off I started to take pictures. I didn't take too much but when the colors changed I just took more pictures. I'm positive I've got fifty pictures of this place but I don't really care by now.

  Me and Tony stood watching the lights move and change colors for who knows how long we were there but to me it didn't matter. For years in my life I've always wanted to see these nights and now I get the chance to do so.

  "Gem," turning to my left Tony stood there with something in his hand. "The reason I took so long was because I was getting you something. I wanted it hand made and it took the people there awhile," he handed me a red small box. "Hope you like it." Taking the box in my hands I opened it up and gasped a bit.

  A necklace sat there. The chain was pure silver and a fluorite rock in the shape of a crystal and there. Holding the gem, in the middle, was a small silver flower. I took out the gem necklace and stared at Tony.

  "Tony," I said low in a sweat soft tone. You-you didn't have to get me this. You're already taking me to the two places I've always wanted to go to."

  "You said it was a mission of yours to make people smile and happy, to make their day," I nodded agreeing with him. "I think its time for someone to make you happy." A smiled formed on my lips as I walked over giving him a hug.

  "Thank you Tony. You, by far, are the first person to ever try to make me happy." Pulling away he, too, was smiling.

  "Want me to place that around your neck?"

  "Yes please," handing him the necklace he wrapped the necklace around my neck before locking it together.

  "We should get going," he said. "Early tomorrow we'll be leaving early in the morning to get to Whitehaven Beach." Nodding my head Tony took my hand in his and at first I was going to pull away but decided to leave it. What I said about him being the first to make me happy wasn't a lie. No never looked behind the mask, behind the fake smile of mine. No one ever tried to make me happy. He was the first.

 He was the first