No Regrets

You can have the worst happen to you and                          you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive
~ Greys Anatomy

Meredith (POV)
My life has never been that easy my father abandoned me when I was five years old and my mom was married to her work and was barely home which probably one of the reasons why my dad left so why didn't he take me with him.  I grew up having to take care of myself. I spent most of my time studying and doing extra credit work. It was in High School where I met Finn Damdridge. He was the captain of the football team and I was the schools outcast some people may say we were the Romeo and Juliet of our High School but to us it was so much more than that us. It was during senior year that I found out that I was pregnant. We were so excited even though we were young we wanted to try to make it work at least for the baby. But we never got our happy ending. He died in a plane crash on 9/11 just before Olivia Faith Grey was born.

After Finn's death the only thing that kept me going was Olivia. She looks just like him except she has my hazel green eyes. Not long after she was born I decided to take therapy classes and yoga to help with my depression and anxiety it helped  a lot at first. But I was never able to move on so when I got a job at Seattle Grace Hospital which is where my mom used to work at I decided to take it. l knew that Olivia would be mad at me for taking her away from all her friends but I just felt like it was the best thing for us. My mom who is in a nursing home also has a house there.

~~~~~

It's been three months since we moved to Seattle and into my moms old house. We still have our bad days but we make it through. It's now September and Olivia is starting fourth grade tomorrow at Seattle Prep Elementary School but all of this also means that it's getting closer to the ten year anniversary of Finn's death but this time this year Olivia and I have a place to call home and I don't have to have a break down every time I have a memory of Finn. I'm already in my second year of residency my specialty is General it took me a long time  to decided but it finally came together when I found my moms old journals that were in the attic. They were filled with memories of what my mother learned while she too was at Seattle Grace. Her research study was to find the cure for HIV/AIDS which back then was called GRID which stands for Gay Related Immune Deficiency people didn't know what it really was back then and now I have so much to teach future doctors about what is now known as AIDS/HIV.  The only downside is that I don't get to see Olivia that much but unlike my mother I make sure she gets the love she deserves I make sure she knows she is not a burden on me I make time for her because I know what it's like and I don't want her to grow up the way I did.

I have a few good friends here already the one who I am closest to is Amelia her specialty is Nero. She has an older brother who is in the army she tells me she is really close to him but hasn't seen him in almost a year she really wants me to meet him. She also has a daughter Ryliegh the father died before Ryliegh was born Amelia doesn't talk about it much but I understand. I also have a friend named Alex his specialty is Pediatrics he works really good with kids sometimes he would help me and Amelia with Olivia and Ryliegh like take them to a movie or something like that his wife Jo helps a lot also 

I really like it here in Seattle but part of me still feels like there is something missing I don't know what but I really want to find out what it is

Please comment and let me know what you think anything and everything is welcomed

Hannah