Crumble

Last Chapter on: Shaking

"Can I have my tea?"

"Of course." He brought her tea to her before slipping the empty vial into his pocket.

"Thank you." She smiled at him, relief all over her features before taking a sip of her tea. They sat in silence for a while, her just drinking her tea and him, watching her like she was a dangerous explosive ready to blow.

"Henry are you alright?" She asked concerned.

"Yes, you?"

"I'm fine, I'm actually feeling considerably better I think the tea is helping..."

"Good I'm glad."

"Thank you for not forcing me to take that tonic, I would much rather spend my last hours with you like this then live on hardly knowing who I am." She smiled.

He internally cringed at her sincere words, "Actually Catherine..." He looked at her genuine smile and couldn't bring himself to say it, "I'm glad you're feeling better anyway."

"Yes...I'm already feeling much better, I think God must've realized he couldn't let one of the greatest rulers die."

Good lord that sounded like something he would say, she went to take another sip of tea but he snatched it from her, "Uh...I think you should take a break from tea, have some water instead?"

"Henry...what?" She sent a questioning gaze his way.

"I..."

A look of realization crossed her face, "No...you didn't...the tea...and the vial..."

"You had to live!"

"Oh you'll get me alive alright!" Anger boiled over the edge and she snatched the tea from his hands, downing the remaining contents, "I just don't know how long you'll survive with me gone mad and my son already fuming at you."

Henry looked vaguely horrified, "Catherine I never wanted you to..."

"Well too late now!" She shrieked.

"No...there must be a way that..."

"There isn't." She threw the blanket to the ground and flounced over to his desk.

"Sheesh Catherine there's no need to overreact."

"Who said I'm overreacting?" She shrugged and boosted herself to sit atop his desk, knocking all the fake soldiers from their positions.

"Catherine..."

"Oh yes...a mad king and a mad queen this will be interesting won't it?" She smirked, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Well...err...I suppose I should inform Francis that..." He was cut off.

"Oh no, don't ruin the surprise." There was a glint in her eyes that he didn't recognize and it frightened him.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Better then ever, I do have a bit of a headache though...I think it's my crown." She shrugged, continuing to swing her legs back and forth.

"You should lie down."

"Oh darling don't be such a spoil sport." She laughed and hopped off the desk.

"Is the effects of that poison permanent?"

"I don't know what you're going on about, but I do know that there's a feast tonight and it's high time the King and Queen arrive don't you think?" She went up on her tiptoes, inches away from his face, before twirling away giggling like a five year old.