fifteen

[ Mommy Says No ]

THE NEXT DAY WHEN ERIN was getting ready in the morning for school, her mother asked, "So who was that boy that was here yesterday?"

Almost burning herself with her curling iron, Erin stuttered. "Uh w-well he's just a d-dude. We were j-just doing friend s-stuff."

"Mhm. Yeah well next time you do 'friend stuff' please make sure the house is clean." Mrs Samuels said raising her brows up and down.

"Who's the dude though?" Erin knew her mother wouldn't leave her alone until she spilled the beans.

"C-Chris.." she said. Quickly shutting off her iron and unplugging it she ran into her bathroom.

"Chris? Chris Schistad?!" Yelled her mother. She followed Erin into the bathroom and gave her an earful. Mostly repeating 'He hurt you!', 'He framed you!', 'He's a fiend and doesn't tell the truth!', and lastly 'He could hurt you again!'

Erin was crying tears of frustration as she tired to cut in multiple times to explain he was different but she never let Erin speak.

"Mother im going to be late for school!" Erin yelled. She got up and grabbed her bag. Mrs. Samuels trailed behind her. "Young lady! You are not going to see him!"

"That's just it mom! You can't blame me for chasing the wrong guys! You can't say that I shouldn't be with him because he hurt me once! You've taught me to go after the wrong guys! Dad abused you, he would force you to-to-to do nasty things--practically raping you and yet you're still married to him!"

"Don't you talk about your fath—" "I can talk about my dad all I want because he's a fiend, and he doesn't deserve to have you as a wife! I know about you seeing that nurse that works with you, Johnny Davis, that's his name isn't it?"

Her mother was quiet. "I've got my own things to deal with mom. If I get hurt again, oh well. I won't let you pick up the pieces again. Instead I'll probably be the one picking pieces up after dad's 'night with the guys' when he's had a few too many drinks."

With that said, Erin left the house in anger. Rushing to the bus stop she waited there for the bus to arrive. Minutes passed and the bus hadn't shown at the time it was supposed to.

Clicking her phone on Erin realized that she'd been the late one. The bus had left twenty minutes ago. "Sh!t!" She cursed as she ran to the school.

Waking distance she was about thirty minutes away. By the time she'd get there, period one would be already almost over. Panting and sweating she reached the corner and all she had to do was run a couple feet.

Rushing into her first period she looked sweaty and disgusting. Her tear stained face hadn't left and her hair was everywhere. "Would you care to explain why you were late?" Mr. Pettersen raised his brows.

"I had family issues.." she simply said and took her seat. "I'll see you for detention after school, Erin." He said before getting back to whatever he was teaching.

Erin was out of it all morning. It wasn't until lunch when she actually started to talk to her friends. "Erin where were you this morning?" Eva asked.

"I missed the bus and had to run here." She said. The girls all looked at her with sympathy. "Your mom couldn't drive you?" Sana asked.

"We got in a fight. That was partly the reason I was late." Noora rubbed Erin's back. "I'm sorry you had a sh!tty morning."

"It's fine. I'm fine. Everything's great. I love life."

Erin spotted Chris with his bus and she instantly smiled. She excused herself from the girls and walked over to him.

"Hey babe. I heard that you got detention today because you were late." He said. His big brown eyes made Erin fill with warmth. His soft smile reassured her that everything would be okay.

"Yeah.." she nodded. He wrapped her arms around her. "You seem down." He noted. "I got in a fight with mother today," Erin said. "About you..."

Chris winced. "Oh.." "yeah.." Chris smiled down at Erin. "Well if she dislikes me that much I guess we'll have to love in secret my dear Juliet." He winked.

Erin chuckled. "Thank you for being the best boyfriend in the world." Chris blushed. "Don't thank me yet. I've still got to figure out a way to get detention today to keep you company."

"You're such an nerd!" Erin laughed. She pushed on his chest, leaving his warm embrace. "I'm your nerd." He flashed her a bright smile before kissing her forehead.

///
YIKES SOMEONE HELP ME I SWEAR IM SO BAD AT UPDATING!! ANYWAYSSS LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS ARE EVEN LIKING THIS BOOK SO FAR! BTW THANK YOU GUYS FOR 16k READS IM SCREAMING I CANT BELIVE IT HAS SO MANY ILY ALL SM!!