Chapter Nine: "We Have To Purify Our Souls."

Dedicated to Ashey188 !!! Thank you for being my relatable friend here on Wattpad! 😄😭

"She's dead," a rough voice echoed around my head.

"Don't be negative. The poor sweetheart isn't dead," a soft spoken voice assured.

"Actually there's a fifty percent she'll survive. She isn't entirely dead," another small voice joined in.

I lifted my heavy eyes, just to reveal nothing. Pitch black. Slowly, the darkness was fading and turned into a vanilla colored hospital room.

"Yup, she's dead," the rough voice laughed.

"Lila, she isn't! Now would you shut up!"

The only problem was there was no one inside the room. I'm scared, despite knowing there intentions aren't bad, it's scary not being able to see whose talking. I thought pain would struck if I got up, but I felt nothing.

"Am I really dead?" I asked in a hoarse cry.

"I guess so. Look behind you," Lila snickered.

I knew if I looked behind me, I would regret it. Curiously got the best of me and turned my head to see my own body. I stared in horror. I looked like I was sleeping in peace, but I felt so gone.

"I can't be dead," I said in a brittle manner.

"Your not sweetheart. You're just unconscious," a fruity voice said.

"Lila is just pulling your chain. I'm Omar. I apologize for the late introduction."

"The idiot telling you you're dead is Lila. I'm Jess."

"Not my fault she looked dead," Lila scoffed.

"Shut up!" Omar and Jess shouted in illusion.

"If my spirit is out of my body, how come I can't see you?" I questioned.

My third eye isn't fully opened, but since I'm unconscious, I should be able to see ghosts. Actually I hadn't confirmed if they were ghost. For all I know they may be little fairies the human eye wouldn't be able to see because they're really small creatures.

"Since you're still alive, you can't really see us, not unless we show ourselves to you," Omar explained.

"So you are ghosts.Then why aren't you showing yourselves to me,"

"Darling, if we show ourselves to you, we'll definitely scare you away," Jess croaked.

"How?" hoping my question would go unanswered.

"My body is chopped up. I was killed by the person I thought loved me. I learned a lesson, to never date a person you never met in reality. I only died recently," Lila said, in a toneless voice.

"We have to purify our souls. We have to self center ourselves to feel peace. Once we are able to do that, we'll be able to go to heaven as our normal looking selfs then our bleeding bodies," Jess explained.  

"There's no such thing as hell! Or that's what my religion teacher taught us. I believe her through," Lila added.

"It's a long process and you'll experience once you're dead. You were lucky to survive that crash. Your one tough lady," Omar chuckled.

Realization struck me. Matthew. I don't care how much I despise him, right now I need to see if he's alive. I quickly got up but once my hand touched the handle pain struck.

"Argg!" I cried, unable to move farther.

"Go back to your bed!" Jess ordered.

I took a step back and slowly dragged myself back to my bed.

"You're unable to go farther than this room. You can't be far from your body or you will die," Lila warned.

"I need to see if Mathew is alive!" tears started to run down my cheeks.

I looked down at my hands. They were transparent. I already felt dead and it happened all in a blink of an eye.

"He's alive," Lila said, giving me the answer I needed to hear to feel at ease.

"Barely," Jess added.

"Barely? What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You lost too much blood and needed a blood transfusion as soon as possible. You're mom took a while to arrive. It was urgent to transfer blood in you, so the other boy with you decided to give some of his blood to you, despite having his life on the line." Lila explained, in a flat voice.

"I went and checked in the other room. It seems like his father will be giving your Matthew a blood transfusion," Omar uttered.

I signed, "Matthew isn't mine for you information. He's just a friend."

If only Matthew would hear those words. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have survived.

"Whatever floats your boat," Jess sang.

"Now it's time for you to go!" Omar exclaimed.

"Goodbye!" Jess blurted.

"See you if you ever die!" Lila laughed with a hint of mischief.

I didn't understand the situation. Soon I found myself in the previous pitch black place. Again darkness was replace by a world of doors. Doors of all sizes and colors appeared around me. There was one particular door that caught my attention. A light pink door with a pink rose tied to the door handle. I reached for the handle. Suddenly, all other doors disappeared as if they were only illusions.

The golden sky slowly shaped itself into a park. A park I used to play in when I was little with mom. I felt like I was missing an important detail. Cherry blossoms danced to the winds song. The pink door was still standing in front of me. Instead of proceeding to open the door, my body acted on its own and started walking towards the mini sandbox. Mom would always find me there whenever she lost sight of me at the park.

I found a little girl wearing a blue laced dress matched with vanilla sandals. Her dark brown hair danced behind her as she ran to the sandbox. Her excited eyes reflecting nothing but the plain looking sandbox. I was looking at myself. I just stared, curious on kid Valerie's next move. A women in her early twenties ran after the playful child.

"Valerie don't run or you'll fall!"

"Hahaha," little Valerie cutely laughed.

The warning didn't reach her and tripped on the edge of the sandbox, falling into the pile of sand. Once she sat up, she didn't cry but had a huge smile plastered unto her adorable face. There weren't any sign of injuries on little Valerie.

"Valerie!" Mom cried, wiping the all the sand off her face. "Wait here sweetheart," she called, running back to the other side of the playground.

I just stared at the innocent me. It was such a peaceful world I was living in.

Mom soon came back with a diaper bag in her right hand and in the other a boy, around kid Valerie's age. She placed the boy beside kid Valerie. Valerie smiled at the boy, continuing to play in the sand. The little boy took his time trying to get sand off small Valerie.

"Matthew, stay with your little sister for a moment while I find her some new clothes," mom urged, searching for new clothes in the diaper bag. "Having twins is difficult," mom laughed, digging in the bag in search of fresh clothes.

Looking closely at the boy named Matthew, he had the same gold hair and blue eyes. It was all registering in my slow brain. The reason mom smiled so sadly when I mentioned Matthews dad. She must have not recognized him with his green contacts on. Mr.Dickhead is my twin brother.