Beacon For Death

Kuroo first learned how to put his fist up as a young boy. He was raised in a dangerous neighborhood, so he had to be quick at picking up things. He also learned that you have to be strong, or you will never be able to protect what matters to you most.

He had to learn how to fight, and win, because that's how you show people that you can be on top. He lived like this, striving to be on top, so he can make his world a better place. The opportunity to be on top came after the Nohebi and Nekoma incidents. He was sixteen then, never thinking about becoming something more than who he is now, until Nekomata had suddenly died from an illness. There was an agreement between the two gangs that they will not cross into each other's territory, or handle any kinds of weapons in public, but since Nekomata died, Nekoma was thrown into chaos, unable to uphold any kind of order.

So Kuroo fought, and fought, conspiring against wannabe leaders, and gaining trust from the others. He was exceptional at this, and in two years' time, he became the leader of Nekoma, vowing to keep the peace, and protect innocent lives from danger.

He was only eighteen when he decided he will carry the burden of leading people.

~

(Name) and Kei were only sixteen when they decided to raise their little siblings, and work two jobs so they can support their brothers who are still in the hospital. Even though their parents had saved money, the two of them decided that it'll be money for their siblings' colleges, or whatever kind of future they choose.

It wasn't the kind of life (Name) would want, but for right now, she has to suck it up and grit her teeth so she can take on whatever it is that's coming her way.

That way, she'll be able to survive.

~

(Name) let Kuroo hold her, mostly because she was trembling all over, and he just felt so solid. She was still in shock, having a gun pointed to her head when she was trying to save a life. She let him whisper reassurances into her ear, and rub circles on her back.

"(Name)!" Someone calls behind them. Kuroo turns them to see who called (Name)'s name. It was Oikawa, with his tanned and shorter boyfriend in tow.

Kuroo was surprised when (Name) doesn't break away from his hold. She was still trembling underneath his arms, as she turn her head to Oikawa.

"Oh my god, I'm so, so sorry," Oikawa says, taking (Name) away from Kuroo. He and the other guy glowered at him.

"Who are you?" The man with short, spiky, brown hair demands. Kuroo felt like he was being interrogated. This guy sounds really scary.

"No, I-Iwaizumi," (Name) says, a little out of breath. "It's okay, he's a, uh, um..."

"I'm a friend," Kuroo finishes.

"Yeah, right," Oikawa scoffs, taking (Name) behind his back. Iwaizumi holds her, keeping his glare on Kuroo. "Stay away from her. You'll only put her in danger."

Kuroo raises his eyebrows in surprise. "I was trying to protect her."

"I said, stay away from her," Oikawa warns, an underlying threat etched to his voice.

Iwaizumi steers her away, telling her that they'll get her cleaned up. Oikawa follows, shooting Kuroo an icy glare.

~

(Name) sat on the comfortable sofa, waiting for the psychologist to enter the office. Her eyes darted around, and her foot tapped on the floor with consistent thumps. It's been three days since the incident, three days she hasn't been able to work and feel the distractions go away as she focus into what's happening right in front of her. Her job was something she could do about. However, dealing with inner turmoil is not something she can do anything about.