Chapter 1

Warm aqua waters and the refreshing scent of the outdoors were the highlights of spring break for a wild group of college kiddos. The sun had already set over the horizon as a large fire burned in the center of the campsite. A faint strumming of a ukulele hummed as background music to the s'mores and laughter that seemed stationary to a small circle of goofballs.

Mikey Hannigan, one of the goofballs, probably the number one goofball, was conjuring up a plan in his mind, chuckling to himself. He knew that this prank was going to be unforgettable.

Mikey carelessly tossed his dirty blonde hair, dropping his signature boyish, elvish grin. His green eyes twinkled with a mischievous glint. His defined lips pursed in anticipation before biting into his s'more. He makes a mess, much like a toddler as the melted chocolate dribbles down his chin.

Mikey groans, content, his mouth packed full of chocolate and marshmallow.

He speaks with his mouth full, "Hey guys."

After gaining everyone's attention, Mikey flashes a nasty dorky smile. This made Cicely shriek, looking away in disgust.

Cicely Sharp was very skinny and petite, yet proportionate. Resembling a tiny fairy with her often shimmery makeup, she had wavy dark hair and bangs. She was the one strumming the ukulele, which was most likely a catchy showtune. The world was a stage and Cicely Sharp was eager for attention.

Miri giggles, collapsing onto the sand. Her curly red hair reflected the fire as she skimmed through a book on astrology. Miriam Rae was tall and thin, carrying a model-like stature. The radiance of her fiery red hair brought out the blue-green in her eyes. She was a very spiritual being and also very sexual. This was very prevalent in her pastimes.

The redhead trailed a hand on Cicely who was laying on Spencer's lap. Spencer Swatch shuffled a deck of cards, motioning for Eddie to pick one. Eddie picked a card, rolling his eyes. Eye-rolls were common place for him. Spencer puts it back in the deck, reshuffling it with ease.

"Was this your card?"
He holds up an ace confidently, raising his dark brows waiting for a response.

"No. I had a joker."
Eddie looks at his demeanor change and laughs at his discouragement.

Spencer was a magician and a pretty good one at that. He could do all sorts of tough tricks, but it was the simple ones that really stumped him. Spencer fixed his jet black hair that was styled sloppily, pouring out of his dumb flat billed hat that the girls often told him to get rid of.

Eddie on the other hand, told him to get rid of everything that he owned.

Eddie Wilks was like a senile old man but 21 years old with sass and sarcasm oozing out of his being. He told it how it was and it was what it is. Behind his glasses you couldn't miss the plethora of eye rolls. Eddie had a Jamaican background and attending school near the beach he was comfortable and happy, especially with this group of people. But he would never let any them know that.

Mikey and Kai would often play a game: counting the amount of time Eddie would roll his eyes.

Kai Whitman glanced over at his best friend, mouthing "394" which caused Mikey to almost choke on a marshmallow. Kai gets closer to him and squints, picking up a napkin and wiping the chocolate of his face.

"Thanks." Mikey says quickly before slipping off to his tent to mentally prepare for his prank.

Kai Whitman and Mikey Hannigan had been friends since high school began. Kai was the new, dark curly haired, mysterious boy with earrings and a incredible body. He was the type of guy that the ladies, gentlemen, and anything in between were all over.

He had light freckles partnered with his chiseled jawline, he was also very tall and fit. Kai was spacey and astute, oftentimes the only instances where he was here on earth was when he was interacting with his friends. It was in his nature to be very observant but in his best interest to not let others know. His favorite pass time was messing with Mikey which proved to be very a prosperous way of entertainment for him.

Kai furrowed his brows in curiosity wondering why Mikey had made a beeline for the tent.

It was a holiday, a glorious occasion that had Mikey smiling to the brim like giddy child.

It was April Fools Day!

The blonde took a deep breath and laughed like a dumbass. Amused by himself, his mind imploded with excitement and nerves. He loved to play pranks and his were always well thought-out and elaborately different each month. The varying reactions were the best part. He loved to shock people or cause them to laugh at him, at the prank, and hopefully, at themselves.

He thought back to all the pranks that he'd done before. Like when he wetted that toilet paper roll to make it look like a wet turd and put it in Cicely's car. Or the time he filled Spencer's Oreos with toothpaste. He also pretended Miri was pregnant with his baby and told the whole group. That was bonkers, but nobody believed it! Except Kai, who had fallen for it and didn't speak with him for a week. His personal favorite was at their house-party last month at his and Kai's dorm. Mikey turned on the fan which resulted in a torrential downpour of rainbow glitter. It was glorious. Although, Kai made him vacuum the whole dorm by himself.

He takes a deep breath and calls Kai's name.

"Mikey, whats up?" The curly haired boy says crawling into the tent a his brows knit in worry.

"I need to talk to you." Mikey looks down, "embarrassed".

Kai blows through his naturally red cheeks and sits cross-legged. "Shoot."
He places his fingers on his mouth in expectance.

"This is kind of awkward and I probably shouldn't have taken this long to say anything. God, I'm sweating just thinking about it."

He huffs while fixing his shirt, and puts the best bashful look on his face.

"I think I love you." He spits out, keeping his head down to purposefully look more shy, just as Cicely had taught him to. He secretly giggled on the inside.

"I've been keeping it in and I feel like I needed to come clean. You probably think it's weird cause we're best friends or-"

Abruptly, Mikey feels soft fingers lift his chin up and his lips molding with something incredibly soft.

"Mmph." He lets out as Kai massages his lips with his own.

He couldn't help but close his eyes sinking deeper into the kiss with his best friend.

Holy shit, he thought, panicking.

What's going on?

It feels so good.

But this was just a prank!

Mikey breaks the kiss, opening his bright green eyes, speechless. He looks at Kai who was bright red, biting his cherry lips that looked even more swollen. The boy runs a hand through his curly black hair eyeing him waiting for words.

Mikey masks his surprise, pleasure, and confusion by swiping on his signature boyish smirk.

"It's a prank bro!"