Already Gone II

A/N: A sequel to Already Gone. I decided that I should patch the story together.

I hope you'll like it!

-(+)-(+)-(+)-(+)-(+)-(+)-(+)-

/DIANA POV\

I wandered through the lanes, searching each of the shelves for the products I needed so I can finally cross off an item in the list. I was at the grocery nearest to my apartment. Donna was going to visit us tomorrow and knowing my sister, she would hunt my apartment for ingredients she could use to cook food with. She loved cooking and was always the better cooker between us.

I checked my supplies to see if I still have enough ingredients and I found out that we were short on a lot of things, so that's why I decided to bring myself to the grocery.

Cali was at school today so no one was at the apartment.

I finally had all the items in my list so I pushed my cart to one of the lines so I can finally pay for them. Unfortunately, the shortest line had three people and all of them had a number of carts. I rechecked the lanes and decided that this had to be the shortest line so I stayed.

Waiting in line at the grocery can do wonders to a person, even to an immortal Greek princess.

I found myself revisiting thoughts and memories that appear at the forefront of my mind while listening to the Billboard songs playing over the grocery's speakers. Seconds passed before I got lost in my own thoughts and I drowned at the memory of last Sunday night.

Five Days Ago (Sunday)...

Cali and I ate our dinner in silence. We didn't talk as I served the food. We didn't talk as Cali brought the first spoon to her mouth. We didn't talk as I gave Cali a glass of water.

I knew she was mad at me. She was mad at me ever since I snapped at Bruce this morning. Ever since he exited the apartment.

She wanted us to get back together so we can be a conplete family. Yes, Cali was happy with me. And she was happy when she was with Bruce too. But Cali knew she could be happier. She knew we could be happier if we just got back together.

But I denied her of that. I denied us the happiness of the man I loved, the daughter I cherished, and even myself.

All because I was bitter and couldn't get over the hurt he has done to me and my pride.

After Cali finished the glass of water, she finally talked to me for the first time since this morning.

"Dad saved me last night.", she said.

I felt my brows furrow. "What? What happened to you yesterday?"

She was bowing her head as she narrated to me so I couldn't see her face. "Dad wanted to spend time with me yesterday, so he took me to work with him at Wayne Enterprises. I enjoyed it there because he showed me a lot of cool techy things and let me use some of them. But that was before he had to do something very important. I waited for about two hours, I guess, but Dad wasn't back yet, and then I got bored and sneaked out the building."

"I was only planning to explore the nearby shops but there were so many people and before I knew it, I couldn't see the building."

"It got dark soon and I was walking down a street when two people walked over to me. They smelled and I was scared so I ran but they were so fast and they caught me before I could turn a corner."

"I tried to scream but they placed a strip of cloth over my mouth and then they brought me to a warehouse where all these other children were staying and all of them were crying but I couldn't talk to them and they couldn't talk to me because our mouths were covered."