Chapter 3- "Fate...?" part 2

Demitrey holding her cheek, as he glanced over at me with a dark and dangerous gaze and promised "Don't worry babe, she will be taken care of."

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"Cilia, please take her up to her room, I'll deal with her shortly."
Was how Demitrey dismissed me.
"Of course sir," came Cilia's weak reply, then she placed her hand in the small of my back as she said "come now miss, we must get going."

And she tugged my arm, as I kept a deadly glare on Demitrey and his "mistress."

When I was finally escorted to my room, Cilia closed the door in a hurry as she said "oh miss, what did you do? Didn't our Alpha give you the rules before your arrival?"
"He did. So Serena is his mistress huh?" I asked ignoring the rules.
"Well, yes, yes she is." Answered Cilia.
"Until he finds his mate?" I asked, a little hope fluttering in my heart.
"No miss, he doesn't want one, he-"
"Cilia." Came Demitrey's domineering voice as he opened the door "You may go."

Cilia gave me an apologetic frown, as she slightly bowed, and scurried out the door, and closed it on her way out, leaving me and the handsome asshole alone.

"So, it seems as though you forgot the rules." Was how Demitrey greeted me.
"No, I didn't forget, however it seems as though your dear Serena seemed to have forgotten to keep her hands to herself. So all I had to do was remind her." I replied smugly, although I was hurting deep inside, like his glare, his voice and his words were like multiple daggers that continuously stabbed my heart, placing me on the verge of tears.

In a split second, however, I found myself slammed against the nearest wall, with Demitrey's hands tightly secured around my wrists, as he spoke in a deadly manner "watch how you speak of Serena, I won't hesitate to break your flimsy neck the next time you disrespect her, or me. Now I'm going to let you off easy this once, but don't think for a second I'll let you get away next time. Tonight you were suppose to have a formal dinner with Serena, the family, my beta and I, but since you thought to break the rules, you will be left in isolation for the rest of the day. Your dinner will be brought up by Cilia. Don't think to get any ideas, because like I said before, I let you off easy."

Then in a split second, his iron grip was removed from my wrists, and I found myself in a haze. Although I feel as though I should be afraid due to his threats, I didn't, because I was distracted. While we were against the wall, wherever our skin connected, it was like multiple fires erupted. His deep threatening voice only made him more attractive, however, there was something else there eating me alive besides the pleasure of being close to my mate, it was his silent rejection.

I mean he obviously didn't care, in fact he only seem to care about Serena, or should I say his mistress.

But with a final glare, he sauntered out the room, and just as the door closed, I broke down.

I couldn't believe what was taking place, it's as though all my dreams, fantasies, and wishes are just spiraling into nothingness, like human waste being flushed down the toilet.

Funny that I use that imagery, but everything just made no sense at the moment.

I mean, for one my mate doesn't want me, and even worse he has a mistress.  A FREAKING MISTRESS! I just can't get over it, but then again I've been through so much, I shouldn't allow this to take toll on me.

So I took a second, dried my tears, and that's when I remembered, the phone that Peter gave me.

I quickly ran over to my bag, and I picked it up, then I dialed his number, and I secretly begged that he wasn't training, or getting involved with his mate... if you know what I mean.

And my prayers were answered when I heard the familiar voice on the other end.
"Aden? You okay? Are you safe? Are they treating you alright?" Was how he answered me.
"Geez, hi to you too Peter. And well, I'm safe, but um I'm not okay." I succumbed to telling him.
"Why? What happened?" He asked, a growl suddenly evident in his tone, proving his aggravation.
"Well, for one, the ruthless Alpha is my mate, and guess what? The asshole has a mate. Even worse that no good for nothing bastard wants me to respect the spoilt bitch he claims as his mistress." My anger was blazing, I should know because I hardly used profanity, yet all I received from Pete was a drawled "wow." And the only thing I could do was reply with a small "yep."

We soon shook off the sad air, and we  changed the topic of our conversation to something more lightweight, to the point were I was crying my eyes out laughing at the current story that Peter was telling me, but that moment was cut short, when my door burst open, and for the second time that day, a seething Demitrey made his way towards me. 

With a quick "gotta go!" I ended the call, and placed the phone behind me as my feet carried me backwards, away from the approaching predator. 

This pattern continued, until my back was firmly pressed against a wall, and Demitrey became too close for comfort, not that I mind, I mean he's my mate, however the close proximity wasn't helping my situation.

My body started doing funny things, but before my mind became hazy with any vile thoughts, Demitrey held out his palm as he said "hand it over." my eyes tried to focus on anything but him as I said "Hand what over?"
"Don't play dumb with me, I'm not in the fucking mood, so give it."
"No." I said, refusing to give up my phone.
"Excuse me?" he said taking another step foward, his domineering height and stance making it very hard for me to breathe.
"You're excused " I managed to spell out, while I lifted my head in defiance to meet his gaze, although my heart was palpitating.
He suddenly smiled, like he just smiled, then he leaned down as he said "I know how you feel about me. Your heart is going in a craze." And just as he said it, his warm palm landed firmly against my chest, and the sparks didn't waste a second before becoming alive, and spreading throughout my body. 

His glare caused my lungs to lose rhythm, and my breathing started coming out in uneven puffs. He slowly started leaning down, his lips feathering above mine, and I absentmindedly opened my lips in sign of welcome, my heart beat skyrocketing.

His eyes suddenly darkened at my actions and then just like that he was off.

He took his hand off my chest, as if I burned him, then with one last menacing glare he walked away, and slammed the door shut behind him, and I found myself slipping down the wall, with tears streaming down my face, and for another time that day, I found myself crying.

I couldn't believe it, my mate made me cry more than once in one day. He hated me, yet he teased me, just to leave me in tears. 

Was this truly my fate? Crying because of a mate? Rejection? Hurt and pain?

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Soo, I am finally back on this book.

Yes! Another adventure begins!

How did you guys feel about this chapter?  How did you guys feel about Demitrey's actions towards Adelina ? And what is your impression of Serena?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, and SHARING.

Lots of ❤❤❤

- Tania.