Chapter 1

"You are going and that is final!" Madam Red yelled at her nephew while she stood in the kitchen making dinner.

"Why do I have to attend a school of delinquents and of low IQs?! I'm doing fine right where I am!" The navy blue black haired boy of twelve screamed back at his aunt, his blue irises reflecting the anger he felt. "And why are you here anyway?! I can take care of myself!"

Madam Red glared at the boy, slamming the knife down as she chopped vegetables at max speed "I'm here to make sure that my sister's son doesn't die of starvation and to make sure that he doesn't turn into an anti social work-aholic. I'm trying to make sure that you're safe and happy, Ciel." She said softly while she chopped at a normal speed.

The boy screamed "I'm happy right where I am!" He stormed off upstairs to his room and slammed the door. He ran his hands through his hair and grab onto a few locks. He pulled them in frustration "Nobody understands! Friends won't get you anywhere, only hard work and planning will!" He slid down to the ground with hot angry tears streaming down his face.

A few minutes later his aunt knocked on the door "Ciel...Ciel may I come in please?"

The boy moved away from the door. "Come in."

The door opened with Madam Red standing in doorway, a tray in her hand with a cup of tea, a bowl of soup and a plate with a slice of German chocolate cake. Ciel never noticed but his aunt had dark circles under her eyes along with bags and was wearing a T-shirt and jeans rather than her usual flashy dresses. "Hey, can we talk?" She set the tray down on the young boy's clean and immaculately organized desk. Being mindful of his lap top and stacks of textbooks.

"I-i'm sorry I just... I just don't know why you want me to go. I'm happy the way I am now, aunt Anne." he looked up at his stressed out aunt with the eyes of a drowned puppy.

Angelina sat down by her nephew and put her arm around him "Ciel, I just don't want you to be alone all the time."

The boy grumbled "Then get me a dog."

His aunt knocked him on the head "Be nice, I want you to have real friends that you can talk to. That you can be normal with."

He hid his face in his arms "I'm anything but normal."

His aunt raised an eyebrow at him "Just because your right eye turns purple when you're mad doesn't make you abnormal. It just makes you my short tempered nephew who will study himself to death if nobody watches you."

Ciel sighed "You just want someone to look after me huh?"

His aunt hugged him close "You shouldn't be alone all the time, Ciel. I'll make you a deal. You attend the school for two months and if you don't make a few friends then I'll transfer you to that private school you like. Deal?"

Ciel reluctantly nodded his head and shook his aunt's hand. "Deal."

------

Ciel stood in front of the mirror in the mall's dressing room "This is the worst idea you've ever had, Lau." He glared at his closed eye uncle with deep regret in his eyes.

"Oh come now, my young lord. Can't you call me uncle at least?" The Chinese man asked with hurt in his voice, wearing a white blouse, black slacks and sandals. "And this look does suit you."

Ciel looked at his reflection, his mirror image wearing ripped jeans, a scoop neck shirt that read in loudly written letters "BRITS RULE!", wristbands and zip up tennis shoes. "I look like a damn yokel! Do you think an earl should wear such a thing?!" He was appalled that his "uncle" had made him wear such a thing.

His aunt walked in "Lau...that's a bit much. Don't you think?" She asked, her young son in her arms balanced on her hip.

Lau looked at her inquisitively "You think so?" He looked back at his nephew "Hmmm, I suppose you're right." He grabbed the boy's chin and examined him closely. "He is the rebellious type, perhaps something quieter?"

Aunt Angelina nodded in agreement "That sounds perfect." She went back out with her son.

Lau examined the earl "Oh, I see maybe something more professional with a hint of rebellion. Rin Mau, could you fetch me a silk black button up blouse with a white undershirt and dark blue jeans?"

A hand stuck out of the curtain with the items he asked for. "Ah, thank you my sweet Rin. Here earl try these on." He handed the articles of clothing to the boy then exited the dressing room.

Ciel happily discarded the shirt and jeans he had currently been wearing.

After buttoning up the last button on his blouse he turned around "At least I look less like a yokel." he muttered but gave the new ensemble his approval.

-----

After purchasing a whole new wardrobe, the Phantomhive Dalles party made their way to the nearest book store to purchase textbooks for Ciel's classes.

"Welcome to our shop, is there anything we can help you with?" A pair of red headed girls asked, one with large glasses and the other without. The girl with the round glasses wore a dark blue dress and had her hair up in short twin drills. While the other wore a black T-shirt, black jeans and black boots. Her hair was shorter than the other and was down instead of up.

"Hello, we're here to purchase some textbooks for my nephew here." Madam Red spoke first.

The twin drills squealed "Oh I can help with that, mum! I'm Mey-Rin and this is my younger sister May-Ren. Our mother was a bit loopy after her operation so she named us the way but with different spellings."

Madam Red handed the girl a list.

"Oh! You're going to our school! Guess we'll become good friends then!" The glasses grinned and started running around the store while her twin stared at her phone.

"Great, one of my classmates is a damn loon." Ciel muttered under his breath.

The glasses girl shoved a stack of books into his arms "Here you are! All the things you need for Kingsley Junior High! Since you're a student, it's all free of charge!" The girl said with a grin on her face, her voice incredibly high pitched.

Ciel blinked a few times then cleared his throat "Um, thanks. I'm Ciel Phantomhive, Miss Rin." He shifted the books and lent his hand out to shake her hand. The girl shook it  energetically "No need to be so formal, we'll be classmates after all. You can call me May, M.R or Rin Rin." She smiled widely and happily.

"Alright um, May."

----------
First chapter done.