Chapter 7

I was sat by my mother inside of the room. Liam decided to wait outside to give us some privacy.

Honestly, I expected him to leave once he dropped me off. I take my focus off of him, and focus on my ill mother.

I study my mothers state. She looks pale, needles in her hands, arms and chest. I look up to see her smile that's brighter than the sun. She still manages to smile through all of the shit that gets thrown at her.

This woman is my role model, without her I'd surely have nothing left to live for. I'm confident Roz and Miguel would be able to live without me.

"How did you get here? Did your uncle Chris bring you?" My mother interrogates me while I turn to see Liam walking in.

Can he leave me be for a good ten minutes?

"No, he didn't actually." I snap.

"Why do you always get so angry at the mention of Chris? Honey, is there something you're not telling me?"

I gesticulate in Liam's direction in front of the door, where he stands with an impassive expression etched on to his face. Getting the message, my mother drops the topic and turns her attention to Liam.

"Diana who might this handsome young man be?" She beams. Amazingly, she can change her entire demeanor in a split second.

I open my mouth to answer, but Liam beats me to it.

"I'm Liam, Nice to meet you..." He drags the last word, pausing waiting for my mother to give her name.

"Ms. Benson-" My mom still goes by my father's name. I never met the guy, because he died in a car accident when my mom was about six months pregnant with me. I know my mother loved him dearly, and that he loved her the exact same way. "-but you can call me Delilah." She adds with a kind smile. He nods, probably taking a mental note.

Greeaaat they're already on first name basis.

"How do you know each other?" My mom turns her attention back to me.

"I'm Diana's boyfriend." Liam answered for me with a smirk that I just wanted to slap of his strikingly good looking face. With that perfectly defined jaw line, mesmerizing chocolate brown orbs, soft brown hair styled into a short picture-perfect quiff. Devilishly plump pink lips with a flawless smile that lights up the room. He kind of looks like David Beckham . He is really good looking, Now that I think of it.

Oh Christ, Diana stop yourself.

I push my absurd thoughts away and try to think of a logical reason of why he would introduce himself as my boyfriend. He doesn't really like me (or so I think), along with his friends. Including half the freaking senior class so..

I stare at him with a bewildered expression.

I turn my sight to my mother to see a giddy grin plastered on her face. Well shit...

Wait maybe he's just joking...

Thirty more mute seconds tick by, me anxiously waiting for him to say he's just bantering.

That moment unfortunately doesn't come. Oh life.

What the hell am I supposed to say or do? No guy has even dared to even say they're my friend (except for Miguel of course), let alone my boyfriend.

I sit quiet while Liam gets interrogated.

~

About forty-five minutes pass by, each minute filled with answers to questions I didn't really give a shit about.