Prologue

What's the point of living if everyone is going to die anyway? What's the point of doing anything while you're alive? It's all pointless, that's what. I can't express enough how much I hate when people say you have to do this before you die. Once you die, it won't matter what you do. It won't matter how you acted or what you said to a person. It won't matter whether you died alone in your home of old age or from an illness or because you were stupid.

Alright, alright. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a ghost but that doesn't mean anything! That's just my opinion. I died as a baby and have been growing up normally as a ghost. No one knows though. My parents buried me some odd years ago and they haven't checked up on me since. I don't even know who they were.

Enough sad talk. Like I said, it doesn't matter.

Isaac, you should get on with the story. This isn't the time nor the place to be giving your opinion. ¿Comprendé?

Oh come on, Max! It's always time for my opinion!

Isaac...

Fine. You win this time, Maxi-pad.

Isaac, don't call me that!

Too late! Anyway, my story begins a long time ago...

Actually, just about three months ago...

Who's telling this story?

Get your facts right and you can tell it.

... I hate you sometimes, Max.

Love you too, Isaac.

Whatever... Anyway, my story begins three months ago...