PERCY

Percy struggled against his bonds, frustrated. Why couldn't anything be simple? Why couldn't he and his friends just walk in, free Zeus and leave? Alas, Percy knew that nothing was ever simple being a demigod. Percy now with his driving license drove he and his friends for about half an hour until they came up to some tracks and decided to catch a train. 

The train ride was about an hour and when they got off, they caught a taxi the rest of the way. By then it was about half past five, so, naturally, they decided to stop and eat. That's where they had gone wrong. The ground had opened up at their feet and dropped them into some sort of chamber.

 Out of the darkness had come sort of fog that somehow lifted them up and took them to the one and only mist man. He tied them up and propped them against a wall, laughing all the while.

But that was before, this is now. Percy struggled even more, but the ropes seemed to get tighter the more he did. "let's see" the mist man said, grinning harshly. His voice was annoyingly like a teenager when he spoke. "who should we start with?" He eyed Percy. 

No, not me! Percy frantically tried to say but found that his lips wouldn't move, no matter how hard he tried. The mist man walked over to Percy, still grinning. He outstretched his hand. Percy thought he was going to touch his new hair. Even though Percy hated the hair, it touched his lower back! He was still very protective of it.

But the mist man didn't touch his hair. He did something worse. He quickly snatched Percy's camp necklace and yanked it off his head, the string snapping in the process. Percy felt as if something had snapped inside him as well.

 The mist man leisurely took off one of the beads, the one from Percy's first year at camp. He studied it, as if it was something found in a two-dollar shop, as if it was useless. But it wasn't useless. Percy tried to yell out, to stop the mist man. But his lips still wouldn't work

The mist man squeezed the wooden bead in-between two fingers. It cracked and fell into pieces. Skidding on the floor when it landed. Percy felt a searing pain in his body but he couldn't tell where. Something wet dripped down his arm and when he looked down he wanted to scream. A huge gash stretching from his shoulder to his right hand had split open, it was bleeding madly. 

The mist man smiled harder and slipped another bead off the string. The one from Percy's second year. He crushed this one as well and a gash opened up on his arm. Then the suffering came. It felt like a dagger was being continuously shoved into his arms, bringing a whole new wave agony each time. The feeling suddenly came into his right leg. 

Tears started streaming down Percy's face even though his mouth was silent. He must have crushed more beads, Percy thought as his body started to uselessly try and contract into a small ball.

The mist man crushed the remaining two beads from the necklace so Percy's left leg and chest started bleeding like mad as well. The mist man then strode back over to Percy and pulled riptide out of his blood-soaked pocket.

 He uncapped the pen and when riptide was in sword form he snapped it over his leg, the bronze shards scattering on the floor. This time Percy did scream. 

It felt like something inside him had broken into shards. Something that made Percy, well, Percy. Percy slid to the floor, wailing, his high-pitched voice screaming out in pain. Percy's head started to feel dizzy and disoriented. It must be the loss of blood he thought as he hazily fell unconscious.