Marry Me

A/N: This is a short chapter. I'll post another today, because it's so short. I just wanted to have different titles  for the following events.

Ben's POV
I hold Rey's hand as we walk down the steps and Dad takes the ramp. We approach a bench in the garden and I motion for Rey to sit.

My father coughs and look to him. He motions me over with blood on his hand.

"I'll be right back." I tell Rey.

"Go."

I jog over to him. "Dad?" I kneel to his eye level.

"Ben. I've been saving this for you." He pulls out a small box from his jacket pocket. "This was your grandma Padmè's ring."

"Wasn't she mom's mother? Why do you have it?"

"That's a good question, for another time." He smirks. "Now come on, if you really want to marry this girl there will never be a proper time and my time is coming. I hate to make you rush into it, but son you're ready to rule and with what you've told me, so is she."

I open the box in my hand and see the  small elegant ring. It's a fine piece, but what makes it amazing is there is no gold anywhere on it. There's a diamond and swirls of green, blue, and brown on it.

"Padmé never enjoyed displaying her wealth, so there's no gold." My father explains. "Blue is for water, green is for food, and brown is to remember where the people are at."

"If she didn't like fancy things, why is there a diamond?"

"Maybe you can figure that out for Rey."

I look down at it. "Diamond in the rough."

"Exactly." He smiles.

"Did you have that added?"

"Possibly, now are you going to propose or should I?"

I chuckle. "Thank you dad." I lean down and hug him, then push him the rest of the way. "Hi." I smile at Rey.

"Hi." She blushes and puts a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Walk with me?" I hold out my arm.

She looks at Han, who's parks next to the bench. "Go hun, I'll be fine." He smiles at her.

She takes my arm and loops hers through it. We walk through the gardens silently as night falls upon us. The sunset disappears and the garden lights come on. She smiles and contuines admiring the different flowers and goes to a fountain.

She floats her hand across the top.

"What do you think of the garden?" I ask.

"I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy."

I smile at her. "Are you happy here?" We begin walking back towards the bench my father sits next too and it appears Maz and Phasma have joined him.

"I'm happy whenever you are." She smiles.

"Would you want to live here with me?" I ask as we approach them a few feet away. "Be my queen?" She walks ahead happy to see them.

"Ben, if that's your way of-" She turns as I get down on one knee and pull out Padmè's ring.

"Rey, will you marry me?" She puts a hand to her mouth and steps closer to me. "I've trusted you since you saved my life in the market, I've loved you since I heard about your honest thoughts and saw how smart and caring you are. I love you Rey and I will never lie to you again. I will always cherish you and do my best to make you happy. Will you Rey, be my wife?"

Rey cries and nods, then moves her hand. "Yes!"

Maz and Phasma high five as we embrace and my dad has a pleasant look on his face.

I kiss Rey passionately, as the three cheer us on.