One.

Walking up to the Fosters household, Sophia Day  rang the doorbell. A few minutes later, she heard the door open.  Looking up from her phone, Sophia saw an unfamiliar brunette girl with a bruise on her cheek and a busted lip. 

"Oh, hello.. Is Lena home?" Sophia asked the shy girl. 

The girl with the busted lip nodded and move to the side to let Sophia in. She smiled kindly at the unfamiliar girl, and walked to the kitchen, and saw the family preparing for dinner that she was invited to. 

"Hey, girl!" Mariana Adams Foster smiled and gave the dark hair girl a tight hug which she kindly returned. Before anyone could say anything, the unfamiliar girl entered back into the kitchen and saw down quietly. "Sophia, this is Callie. She is going to be staying with us for a little while." Lena Adams Foster introduced.

Sophia gave Callie a kind smile, which she didn't get one in return. It was quiet for a few until Lena spoke again. "You know, Mariana and Jesus were in the foster program, too." 

"They came to us about eight years ago, and we formally adopted them five years ago." 

"Foster system sucks." Jesus complained as Sophia giggled.  "Jesus..." Lena warned.

"He's right... It kind of does." Mariana agreed.

"What happened to your face? Get in a fight?" Jesus questioned Callie while Sophia elbowed him in the stomach. "Jesus. Be polite. You can't just ask people that." 

"Uh.. Callie's kinda had a rough day. So, how about we cool it with the third degree."

"Uh.. Is there... Where's the bathroom?" Callie spoke for the first time since Sophia has been here. 

After Lena told Callie where the bathroom was, the brunette quickly got up from her seat and rushed to the bathroom.

"So.... Where she come from?" Mariana asked her mom as Callie entered the bathroom. Sophia, Jesus, and Mariana sat down as Lena spoke. "I talked to Bill from Child Protective Services, you remember him?" 

"To talk to him about something and he was in a bind with Callie. And he needed some place for her to stay." 

"So.... Is this going to be her permanent home?" Sophia finally questioned Lena. 

"Looks like it. She's had a rough time lately, so, I really need you guys to be extra nice to her." 

The siblings nodded. "So, what were you and Bill talking about?" 

"Guess."

Sophia looked between Jesus and Mariana as she knew something is going to happen next. "Hey.. Um, do you mind if I go into Brandon's room. I must of forgot my homework." 

Lena nodded kindly towards Sophia. The brunette got up from her seat and walked towards the stairs and up into Brandon's room. She didn't really need to get anything, she just needed to have an excuse to get out of the room while she gave Lena and the twins some time to talk about their birth mom. 

Sitting on Brandon's bed, she looked towards Brandon's dresser next to his bed and saw a picture of the both of them when they were babies. 

Smiling to herself, she grabbed the picture and mesmerized it. Brandon and Sophia had known each other their whole life. That is because Brandon's mom, Stef, and Sophia's mom were best friends since high school. Sophia's father wasn't in the picture, he left a few days after she was born. 

Sighing, Sophia put the picture back down on the dresser just as she heard her phone ding. Looking down at her phone, she noticed it was a text from Brandon telling her to come back downstairs. 'he must of got home' she thought to herself. 

Exiting Brandon's room, Sophia walked back downstairs and into the kitchen where she found everyone sitting, but seen no Callie yet. Shrugging, Sophia sat down next to Brandon and gave him a smile. "Hey, how was your audition?" 

"It was good. I made the finals."

Gasping, the family congratulate Brandon as Sophia gave him a big hug. "Oh my gosh! That is so exciting!" 

"It's not that a big of a deal." Brandon shrugged.

"It's a huge deal! Are you kidding? That's like a 5,000 dollar scholarship, isn't it?" Lena said proudly as the new girl entered back into the kitchen and took the seat. Sophia noticed Brandon couldn't take his eyes off of Callie

"Who's this?" Brandon questioned. 

"Oh, this is Callie. She will be staying with us for a while."

"Oh, okay. Staying with us Nice to meet you." Brandon said as he gave Callie some lasagna and Sophia couldn't help the jealousy that was boiling inside of her. 

NOTE: SO, THIS IS MY FIRST CHAPTER OF THE STORY. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. MORE DRAMA COMING TO IT SOON. 

COMMENT,

VOTE,

FOLLOW.