I

A start of something new

"Laurette, Laurette, darling wake up, you need to stand up!" The familiar voice of a woman was calling to her.

"Maman what is wrong?" the little girl asked.

" You are going on a little trip, so quickly hurry up!"

"Oh, how exciting, but I need to pack my toys and clothes and, and ..."The little girl jumped around on the bed in the middle of the night. Her little body was full of excitement and joy. Finally her family would go on an adventure together!

"Your things are already packed, plenty of clothes and plenty of toys. I will get your dress and help you get dressed."

As the little girl was fully clothed in a sky-blue dress and a fitting jacket and a bonnet they quickly headed downstairs where her father and brother awaited them.

Fabien Laurent was a proud but kind man. blue eyes as deep as the ocean and raven black hair which was graying more and more as the years go by. Still he was seen as a very handsome man. His wife Cecile Laurent was the opposite of her husband in appearance. Her dirty blond shining  hair and chocolate brown eyes made her appear as a fallen angel (as her husband describes her). Her calm and silent nature made her appear as cold as ice, but she  was the most loving person toward the people who are dear to her. She would do anything for the people she let into her heart.The only son of the family, Aundray Laurent, was a spitting image of his father, black hair which has grown to the ears, and bright blue eyes. The sharp face structure from his father. He was raised to be kind and merciful, but like his mother he would do anything to protect his family, especially for his 8 year younger sister, Laurette.

The little girl was overjoyed. All the tiredness she should have felt from the lack of sleep was pushed away by the excitement buzzing through her body. She could hardly stay still.

She should have realized the lack of excitement streaming from the rest of the family. She should have seen. But she did not.

"My little Laurette, I have to say you look lovely in that little blue dress!" A tight lipped smile appeared on her fathers face.

The little girl laughed gleefully and ran towards her father, into his arms. He quickly caught her and picked her up. Her mother stepped next to her son and layer her arms on his shoulder. The perfect picture of a family.

"Now quickly let's hurry up, the carriage is waiting!" her father exclaimed breaking the serene  moment.

But instead of striding towards the front door he went toward the kitchen. He quickly picked up the picnic basket that was placed on the table and headed toward the backdoor. Upon opening the door the carriage was in sight. Luggage already placed on the carriage, but only from the children.

"Papa why are we back here, and where are we headed to?" Laurette asked with a confused frown on her face.

Guilt was stabbing in the hearts of the parents. As they looked upon their children's blue eyes, One innocent and dark like the sea as her fathers, And one pair stoic and bright .

"Paris" the father answered curtly.

She was placed on the floor next to her brother. Both of her parents knelt down to her and looked her into the eyes, quickly pulling her into their arms.

"Now Laurette, listen to me. You have to behave and listen to your brother. He will take care of you." Her mother instructed.

Laurette's big, blue eyes grew even wider with shock. She knew that these words were only spoken when her parents weren't there.

"But Maman, Papa will we not go together?"

Avoiding eye contact her parents pulled her in even tighter

"My little girl there are some things you will not yet understand. But I promise you we will see each other soon enough, and everything will be back to  normal. There are just some things that have to be done..." her mother whispered "In the meantime you can have my necklace you always liked, as a promise" A small smile formed on her mothers face as she put the necklace on her daughter. There was a beautiful locket attached to it which held a family picture in it.

Laurette's heart was breaking into a thousand pieces. The most important thing in her life until now was shattering like her heart.

She could feel her father embracing her whispering  "je t'aime" while standing straight Laurette still in his arms.

The little girl was placed inside the carriage, her brother followed.

As the little girl sat next to her brother in the carriage

She couldn't move

She couldn't speak

She only sat there looking at one spot trying to make sense of the current situation

Only as she realized the carriage was moving  did she wake up from her stupor.

She frantically tried to get to the door

She did not want to leave everything behind!

But before she could do anything stupid she was held back by her brother and was pulled into his chest. Only then did she realize she was crying.

" Laurette, calm yourself. You will see them soon...after all it is the start of something new!For better ....Or for worse"She did not hear the last words he said. And it was good that way.

What she did not realize in her ignorant state was the letter her father gave her brother before they left with the words:

"This is  the letter for her. We talked about this Aundray. You will give her the letter only on her 21st birthday. No sooner, no later!  She will find everything out in due time..."

Authors note

Hello everybody! Or the better way to say hello is...Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour, Bonjour, Bonjour!

This is the first chapter of my first published book YAAAAAAY!

All of this happened when I should actually  have been studying  DNA and stuff like that  but ....Oh well!

I hope the first chapter isn't too bad because i have to warn you English is not my mother-language (Beer,Sausages,Dirndl....Unobtrusive hints from where I come from ;) )

I Know this first chapter does not yet show the main storyline and not all main characters have appeared on the stage but in all due time!

But I am really happy to start this really awesome adventure soooo... Let's go on an adventure together !!!!

Love

Lizzie XOXO