II

In the Laurent household

Twelve years later

It was the start of a new year.
The flowers are still asleep and the trees Crystal white.
The cold of the long winter was still in full form making life on the streets unbearable.
Food was a necessity and everybody is searching for warmth that has left months ago, from fire that has become the most precious thing for everybody, rich or poor.

Only two people could be seen in the cold at dawn.

"My, my, sister you are getting better each time, but unfortunately I have to tell you I will always walk out of our duels  as the winner!"

"Oh we will see about that, dear brother!"

Soon enough the siblings were facing each other, ready to strike. The similar smirks on their faces with a hint of playfulness was the only evidence of the game they were playing.

"How are you so sure that you can win this little game of yours? You must have realized the big disadvantages you have, or should I repeat them for you?" 

She knew these words were not meant to be harmful nor did he want them to sting. It was his way to help her become more resistant.

"And probably you think the 12 year age gap is an enormous disadvantage for me, also maybe because I am woman, that seems to be a huge disadvantage in the eyes of men! Woman should not fight so they say!
Although the majority of woman do not know how to fight I assure you after a woman is done with you, you will run away crying!"

With these words being said both of their fires were ignited and the fencing started,and her brother lunged at her.
Laurette quickly deflected it with ease. Just as deflecting the blow of her brother she made the next strike. A quick slash in direction of Aundray's body, but only striking air. Both tried to find a weak spot in the moves of their opponent to take control over their little game. To win the sparring match. But it wasn't so easy as they both of them were talented spearers.

Both learned their skills from the best, Aundray from their father and Laurette from Aundray.
One of the things their parents left behind. 
After time both started to tire out.The time has come where not only talent mattered, but also the amount of training.
The 12 years age difference put Aundray in the advantage and soon he saw his opportunity to strike.
With a quick lunge towards his sister he ended the duel, knocking her sword out of her hand, making it clatter on the floor.

Only the loud breathing could be heard. 

And only seconds later they started to laugh. 

This little ritual was something that happened often in the Laurent household 

"Lorette, I have to admit, you are getting better each time. Maybe I was wrong to believe you would never be as good as me, but I think we can agree upon the fact that it will take a little while." A cocky smile made its way on his face and Aundray took off his mask, his black hair messy, but blue eyes shining.

Laurette also started to lift her mask off her face. Her brown hair loosened and tumbled down her back. Her ocean blue eyes held a mischievous glint, her cheeks a little red due to her exhaustion from the duel. 

The Laurent siblings were very beautiful and handsome people, both of them  having eyes follow them wherever they go. And the mystery  behind their names made them even more endearing. Nobody knew where they came from.