Prologue

Your P.O.V

I woke up dreading today. Today was the day I would meet up with my parents to meet my new fiancé. I sighed and looked at the time I had an hour before I had to meet my parents. I got up did my normal bathroom routine m before I went to my closet and picked up the best comfortable yet classy outfit I could find and hurried and got dressed.

I grabbed my coat and purse before grabbing my phone and sliding it in my pocket and walked out my front door knowing I was going to be late but not really caring at least I was showing up

I grabbed my coat and purse before grabbing my phone and sliding it in my pocket and walked out my front door knowing I was going to be late but not really caring at least I was showing up. I silently cursed as I sat in traffic. LA traffic was the worse but at least I'll have an actually excuse as to why I am late. Ten minutes later I was down the street from the restaurant when my mom called me. "Hello?" I said as my phone Bluetooth to my car. "Where are you darling?" She asked making me roll my eyes. "I'm down the street mother I've been in traffic for quite sometime now ." I said before taking a right and pulling into the parking lot . "I'm here mom I'll see you inside ." I said before hanging up and getting out the car. I locked my car and dropped my keys and phone in my purse before I walked inside and was instantly greeted by an host. "Y/L/N." I said causing her to immediately take my to my parents. My mom was the first to see me who stood up and pulled me into an hug . "Your late ." She whispered in my ear before pulling away. "Of course I am I'm Y/N ." I said before my dad pulled me into a bear hug. "Hello princes ." He said as I pulled away . "Hey dad." I said smiling before turning to our guest. "These are the Carson's." My mom said before I held out my hand towards them. "Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs. Carson." I said as the woman smiled at me. "Please call me Laura and this is Josè. And this is our daughter Sofia ." She said causing me to turn my head. Meeting a familiar pair of brown eyes. "Ah Sofia it's nice to finally meet you." I said shaking her hand as she smiled at me . "Nice to meet you also Y/N." I took a seat across from Sofia as the waiter started bring food at. I assume my mother order for me and Sofia's ordered for her because we both had salads. I shook my head and stayed quiet.
"Alright so can somebody explain to me how this is suppose to work ?" I asked pushing my salad away not wanting to eat any more because it was terrible. I looked over and saw Sofia hadn't eaten much of hers anyway. "On second note how about dinner later on my treat and then we can all sit around and discuss it later yeah?" I asked wiping my mouth with my napkin."Yes that sounds wonder how about dinner at our place?" My mom asked excited. "That would be amazing ." Sofia's mom said agreeing. "Alright great now will you excuse us." I said grabbing my wallet and pulling money out enough to pay for Sofia and I . "Us?" My mom asked as I sat the money on the table. "Yes. Sofia would you mind joining me ?" I asked standing up away from the table. "Um yeah of course ." Sofia said grabbing her purse before I grabbed mine. "If you'll excuse us we'll see you all tonight ." I said before we walked towards the exit. "What are you doing?" Sofia whispered once we where away from our parents. "Going to get some real food. I mean a salad really ?" I said as we walked towards my car." I really didn't have a choice it's part of my diet that my mom put me on. " Sofia said as I opened the passenger door for her. "No more salads let's go see if we can get a decent cheese burger or something around here." I said getting into the drivers seat before speeding away.

"So what do you think about this whole marriage arrangement thing?" I asked as I dipped my fry in ketchup. "I don't know I wasn't actually informed that I would be marrying someone until last night so I'm kinda in the process of actually processing it. " Sofia said shrugging making me sit back stunned. "You just found out last night ?" I asked feeling bad that she's just finding out. She shrugged yet again and let out a shaky breathe. "There was someone else wasn't there ?" I asked sighing. I watched her nod as a tear rolled down her cheek before she quickly wiped it. "Excuse me ." She said before she swiftly got up and made her way to the restroom.

I pushed my food away not really hungry anymore. I sighed and closed my eyes right as Sofia came back, "Are you okay?" I asked. To say she was shocked was an understatement," Your not upset?" Sofia asked I looked at her confused. "Why would I be upset? Because your heart belongs to somebody else? Sofia our parents are forcing us to marry each, we just met. I'm not upset I completely understand. You love somebody else and I would be lying if I told you that I know what your going through but I don't I can only be here to make sure your okay and tell you that everything is going to be fine. We gotta stick together especially since you know you'll be marrying me soon. So it's gonna be okay I promise." I said smiling at her. "Thanks Y/N. " Sofia said smiling at me. "I don't think it would be a good idea if we hated each other or disliked each other you know ." I said shrugging before an waiter came over with out my check. "Here." I said pulling out my money out my wallet and paying for our meals. "Hey I could've paid for my own meal." Sofia said protesting. "I know but I wanted to now come on wifey." I said picking up my purse and walking towards the exit with Sofia behind me .

"So tell me about the person who stole your heart ?" I asked as we headed towards my parents . Well more like sat in traffic . "Well she was amazing and creative you know ?" She asked looking out the window. I only hummed letting her know I was listening . "She was smart. She could take one look at me and know if something was wrong, she could read me as if I was an open book . She was well she was my best friend and I truly loved her ." Sofia said wiping a tear that rolled down her cheek . "I'm sorry about all of this . She sounds like a great girl." I said running her arm . Sofia turned towards me and gave me a sad smile before she mumbled a thank you and turned her gaze back towards the window . The ride to my parents house was quiet with the sound of the radio playing softly in the background.