Part Sixteen ⚐

*2 hours later*

"Austin."

"Hm?"

"Where are we going?" 

"I have no idea." I laugh.

"Why are you laughing?! Turn the hell around, now!" Jack shouts bitterly.

"Why?!"

"Because! I'm not leaving my home because of your psychotic grandma!"

I check in the rearview mirror and see nobody behind us, so I slam on the breaks. I was prepared for the blow, but Jack wasn't. The force sends his head smacking against the dashboard and he flies back into his seat.

"What's wrong with you?!" He rubs his forehead.

"Your rude ass deserved that! I never wanted or expected for my grandma to go crazy! And don't act all VIP, cause you have a messed up mom!"

His door clicks open and he steps out, starting towards Jacksonville.

"Dude, we're two hours out of Jacksonville and you wanna walk home? It's not my  fault we're out here! You're the one that told me to get in the car!"

"And you got in!!" He shouts from where he's walking.

"Whatever, Jack, just go back to your spoiled girlfriend! I'm ditching you and my grandma. Believe me! I  didn't want this either!!"

"Then turn the car around! If it's not what you wanted then why did--" He pauses, "Wait a minute..."

"What?!"

"Are you jealous?!" He smiles as he walks back to the car.

"No!! Emily just sucks!! She's just a low person!"

"You're sooooo jealous." He points at me, laughing.

I smack his finger, "No! I'm not!"

He sits back in his seat, and we turn around, back to Jacksonville.

***

"Hello?" Jack answers his phone, "Good. You? .. I miss you too.. I'm with Austin. Yes, the girl from the café. Austin. No! Not Boston! I have to go... Bye. -- What?! Emily, we've only gone out like, four times!"

"What'd she say?" I roll my eyes.

"She loves me.."

I slam on the brakes again.

"Owww!! Seriously  you have got to stop doing that!" 

I frown at Jack and continue driving, "Where do you live?" I ask. Staring at me, Jack opens his mouth to answer, "Nevermind." I sigh.

"Okay.. What should I say?!" He stares at me frantically.

"I don't care what you say! I'm not one of your football buddies who helps you with girl problems.. Even though Emily is not a girl.. She's some kind of witch, or beast, or something.."

Rolling his eyes, "Thanks.. I'll call you later." And with this, he hangs up the phone.

"Thanks?! Seriously?!" 

"What!? I was under pressure.. And I'm kinda starting to believe you. Emily's a jerk."

"What happened?"

"Oh, nothing. She just thinks she's better than everyone else."

I nod my head and continue driving down the misty highways.