The Day I Quit Dance

When I was younger, I took ballet class.  I was in line to be a great ballerina and was the top of my class.  I quit because I broke my arm and I thought dance was too hard and I couldn't do it.  In current standings, my family doesn't have enough money to pay for dance lessons because they began to use the money they set aside for dance classes is currently used for my sister to take gymnastics lessons.  I'd like to go back on that day and tell my younger self not to give up because I would eventually become great.  I became like a lot of Americans are - lazy, technology-absorbed, rude.  It took me a long time to realize that I was flawed by these things. Dance taught me not to be these lazy or rude or technology-absorbed.  It taught me discipline, focus, and determination.  Most of all, it taught me that all good things take a lot of work and that the people in your life matter most.  I didn't realize that until I was older.  We don't ever really know what's best for us until it's gone, and sometimes, even then, we don't realize it.  My best memory from dance is of my first recital.  It was at a conference center near my hometown. The conference center was huge, and I was fascinated by all of the people who came to the show.  The conference center sold out quickly.  Our 4-year-old group got trophies for our outstanding performance. I'd like to be able to have another trophy I earned.  To my younger self, never give up on something that you love.  Persevere through the hard moments and enjoy the great ones while you can because you won't always have that chance.