Chapter 4: Just Go

In better circumstances Bobby's hands on him like this would have sent a thrill of excitement all the way through Hanbin's body but right now his touch just felt like a cruel joke.

"What? You want to talk now! I asked you yesterday in the car if something was wrong and you said nothing! Clearly it was a lie – you've been acting like you can't stand me ever since we got back from that stupid meeting with YG that got us stuck here!" Hanbin snarled as he pushed Bobby off.

"Hanbin, seriously, I know I've been a dick but pl- "

"-Anyway, I get it, it's your decision," Hanbin spoke over him, looking him straight in the eye. "Seriously, do what you want. I'm not going to hold you back so don't expect me to."

Bobby recoiled in surprise. What did he just say? That was...not what he was expecting.... From what he understood, from Hanbin's earlier outburst and his reaction to the text, Hanbin had somehow convinced himself that he was planning to leave Ikon and that he had been putting off telling him...

As he'd raced to the front door to stop Hanbin from leaving without before they could talk it out he'd imagined Hanbin breaking down in seconds, asking him why, pleading with him to stay – all before he'd even been able to get a word in about what was really going on - That he had zero intention of leaving Ikon and this was all an insanely stupid misunderstanding! After all, there was no doubt in his mind that's what he'd do if it was Hanbin planning to leave ikon...

But now Hanbin wasn't even going to try to convince him to stay? His arms fell from Hanbin's shoulders to hang limply by his sides. Hanbin looked at him with that awful cold stoicism of his he hadn't seen since their survival program days.

"Just say it Jiwon. I know what you're going to say. So just do it already, give me the bad news."

Bobby couldn't believe it. He walked away few paces trying to make sense of it. How could Hanbin seriously be telling him to leave ikon so coldly, so callously, without even a fight to make him to stay – even after all they had been through together?? It was seriously messing with his head...He'd never imagined Hanbin could be so stubborn and petty! He was beginning to doubt things now he'd never imagined he'd doubt before...

"If you're going to end this...I accept your decision." Hanbin said impassively.

That was it. Bobby went to the front door, dashed through and slammed it behind him. He needed fresh air, he needed a break, he needed to calm down. He needed as much space between himself and Hanbin as physically possible. He was done being patient. He was done being misunderstood. He was done trying not to hurt people and then getting punished for it. There was a long path that led from the front of the house to an opening in the large forest that sat around the property. He felt his feet taking him there furiously. As he walked the cold air misted his angry breaths in front of his face, clouding his way.

He was halfway down the path when he heard jogging and he turned around. Hanbin was standing there in the middle of the path, surrounded by the mist of his hasty breaths. His face was still infuriatingly devoid of emotion.

"Jiwon, just tell me. Am I losing you." Hanbin said it not as a question but as an impassive statement.

"Are you fucking serious?" Bobby asked in exasperation. This was for real but he'd truly never imagined Hanbin would be capable of something as stupid as this...Bobby didn't know what he was disgusted by most: the fact that Hanbin actually thought he would leave Ikon or that Hanbin wasn't even trying to stop him from doing so.

"Tell me if I am. Just tell me, give me a warning. I don't want it to come as shock."

Bobby was too angry to speak. He shook his head furiously, hunched his shoulders against the cold and continued walking towards the forest.