Prologue

"I'm telling you, that is the most forbidden law to break! Do you know what will happen to you if you do?" A masked woman hissed at a man near her, whose face was also covered by a mask.

The place the couple occupied was excluded from the rest of the city, but still, the Society was always watching, as everyone knew,from the cameras. Most were hidden from view, but others revealed, and proved, that, there were no secrets in the Society.

"If I don't, we'll be stuck just like the rest of these puppets! Slaves to the law of the Society!" The man replied harshly to the woman.

There were many minor rules in the Society. Don't steal, don't kill others, etc, etc. But there was one major rule that all had to obey. NEVER remove your masks. Masks were used so that people couldn't be judged by appearance, but by personality. It made things easier for betrothals to be initiated. Twas how the world had changed in the 2050's.

"Malcolm, please... think about this. What will happen to you, to us, if you do this?" The woman whispered to Malcolm.

The woman closed her eyes, and felt something rub her cheek softly, and soon felt a soft kiss touch her forehead. Her forehead...

"I guess we'll find out soon, Veronica. And to think..." Malcolm said, as Veronica looked up to see his smiling face, his mask on the top of his head, and his other hand holding her mask. "What luck have I to have such a beautiful woman in my presence..."

Alas... if only these two didn't have such a... twisted fate...