Medical inhibitions

Laurel POV

I awoke in a daze, my mouth dry as a rattlesnake den. I couldn't open my eyes easily, and had to fight to get them even cracked. My left arm from the shoulder down was numb. I couldn't feel a thing. That panicked me, and I sat up with a gasp, only to see it wrapped in cloth and what smelled like ointment. I regretted ripping myself up, though. It caused the rest of me to ache. My head felt like it had imploded. My back and hips burned fiercely. My neck was stiff, and my jaw felt like it had shattered. I shifted, only to see Tier walk in, and rush to my side, speaking to me in common tongue. 

"Laurel, oh God, I was so scared. What do you remember? Are you okay? How do you feel?" He began speaking so fast I couldn't keep up, and blinked, looking at him like he had three heads. 

"....I feel like hell." I couldn't keep track of one coherent thought, and groaned, reaching up with my good arm (my right) to press my hand to my forehead between my eyebrows, touching more cloth bandages, and hissing when I was met with searing pain under my fingertips. 

Tier pulled my hand down. "Laurel. Who attacked you?" He asked, frowning.

I struggled to remember, but couldn't. "I don't know. I heard someone insult Tauriel from the hallway that had no lit torches...I don't remember anything after that. What happened?" I frowned back at him, my mind a whirl of confusion. 

"Tauriel and the guards said you took an axe to the left shoulder after stopping and staring into a hall. You pulled her out of the way, got hit, and fell down the stone staircase. You're lucky to be alive." 

He gently laid me back down.

"Doesn't feel like it." I groaned. 

"You've been out of commission for three days, sister." He said, tucking me back in. "Just focus on getting better, and we'll focus on finding who did this."

"We?" I repeated, frown deepening.

"Yes, 'we'. You don't think Dori, Nori, Ori, or I would let this go? Thorin, Tauriel, Fili, and Kili are out for blood, sweetie." He said. "As are most of the council members. You're quite well liked, it seems."

I snorted. "Not by the commoners. They're horrid to me."

He chuckled. "They test you. It is the way for us foreigners to be accepted by the Khazad. The commoners have been paying respects and leaving well wishes for you." he said.  

I looked at him, miserable. "When can I thank them back?" 

He looked at me pointedly."When you're healed." That's when I noticed he no longer had glasses.

"What happened to your glasses?" I asked stupidly. He full on laughed this time.

"Gandalf fixed my sight."  

"Ahhh." came my response. 

He followed my gaze to the water pitcher on the nightstand on the other side of the cozy room. It was when I realized I was back in my chambers. He wordlessly got up,and I protested. 

"I can do it -" 

"Nope. Sit." he said, pouring me a cup. He looked at it with scrutiny, and immediately called for the guards.

They reported in seconds to a fuming Tier.

"Who has been in my sister's rooms?" he snarled lowly, brown eyes ablaze.

I groaned as I sat back up. 

"No one, my lord."

"Get Thorin and Oin here now." he barked, setting the cup and pitcher down. I reached for it, and he smacked my hand away.