Prologue: Amaya the Thief

Fairytail: Thief's Shadow

Prologue: Amaya the Thief

The Fiore Kingdom. A neutral country with a population of 17 million. It is a world of magic. Magic is bought and sold there like anything else and is deeply ingrained within the peoples lives. There are even some who make a living using magic. These people are referred to as wizards. These wizards belong to many guilds, and accept jobs brought to them. There are many guilds in this kingdom, and there's a certain wizard guild in a certain town... A guild from which countless legends were once born-- no, one that will continue to create legends well into the future. Its name... Fairy Tail.

✧❃✧

Amaya pulled her black cloak over her face, holding the rims of her hood tightly. Her entire body was covered as she avoided bumping into anyone.

She had a small goal, to steal enough food to survive for another month.

She spotted a unattended booth in the distance. She looked around carefully before slipping into the booth and searching for any worthy contents.

She spotted a medium sized leather pouch and curiosity filled her. She took it and looked inside. It contained a fairly large amount of money and a plane ticket. She read the information on the ticket quickly, only to be interrupted.

"Hey you! Do you run this booth?!" Her head jerked up a she noticed an official, a hand on his pistol.

She smiled gently, only her small full lips showing. The corner of her lips tugged into a small smirk. With the flick of her wrist, her eyes shrouded into a white color as the officials eyes rolled to the back of his head, almost in a trance.

"Is there a... Problem officer?" She asked sweetly, her eyes glazed with a thin layer of white, the emerald in them still showing.

The officer's eyes were normal, just like an empty state. "Nope. Sorry madam. I must of mistaken you for someone else."

Amaya had had her hand in an 'L' formation, but a nearby stranger seemed to notice.

"Hey you! Your one of those...! Those wizards!"

Amaya turned her heel and ran into the crowd, swiftly making her way through.

✧❃✧

Amaya made her way behind the airport building, discarding her cloak. She smoothed out her wavy caramel colored hair. She wore a simple green checkered skirt, with a white t-shirt. She looked down at her plain beige shoes and frowned.

Amaya bustled through the crowd, trying her best not to bump into people, and when she didn't bother to apologize.

When she finally boarded first class, she awkwardly slid past people to reach her seat. She didn't really like making skin contact with other people she wasn't comfortable because the feeling gave her chills.

Once she found her seat, a bronze haired boy, with green and blue heterochromatic eyes was already seated. She frowned a bit. "Excuse me... Sorry I'm late..." She added under my breath.

"It's called first class for a reason; We get in before anyone else." He said with a hint of reassurance in his voice.

She weakly smiled at him and took her seat. "Yeah I guess so..." She said quietly. "Not a big fan of planes." She added quickly.

"Well, if anything happens, I can just use my magic." He said simply.

He caught her interest as e said the word magic. "Magic huh? So your a wizard. What type of wizard are you?" She asked curiously.

"I'm mainly a Plasma Dragonslayer, but I also have copycat magic." He explained. "What kind of wizard are you?"

She glanced at him, noticing a turquoise FairyTail marking on his hand. She silently took note of this and looked away quickly, averting his gaze.

"I specialize in Puppet Magic." She said carefully and hesitantly.

She had to be careful about what she told about herself. Too much information could be used against her. She didn't even know this boys name. She tried to avoid any statements that would raise questions.

"My names Xavier, what's yours?" He said, breaking the ice.

She silently hugged her bare arms and replied, "Amaya. My name is Amaya."

Amaya shifted around in her seat nervously, trying to ease her mind off of the plane ride. Her last experience with the plane went smoothly, but she couldn't be so sure. Every time she rode a plane, she felt excitement, and paranoia. Especially when flying over water. She was a hydrophobic, and the thought of drowning made her utterly terrified.

She stared out of the window, spotting multiple flashing lights from the cop cars. She grimaced a bit, spotting the glare of her own reflection.

She reached into her satchel and pulled out "Plain Truth". She ran her fingers over the cover and opened it carefully, being cautious with the precious pages.

Amaya stayed silent the whole time, patiently, reading the entire time.

As the plane took off, Amaya slightly began to grip the arm rest from the movement. She felt the contact of Xavier reaching for the same arm rest. She felt a small spark surge up and into her arm.

They both retracted from the arm rest quickly and Amaya avoided his gaze. "Oh." She said simply.

She then awkwardly looked out the window, her palm underneath her chin, resting her head.

Amaya let out a soft sigh as she closed her eyes slowly. Thoughts of her past actions filling her thoughts. As she began to dream obliviously, she eventually asleep, the only sound she made was her soft breathing.

✧❃✧

Amaya can only remember her unpleasant nightmare as she woke up to multiple people screaming. Her head began to hurt from the sudden drop.

Her eyes widened as she sat up quickly looking around. Everyone was hiding under or behind their seats, or hugging loved ones. She looked at Xavier as he removed his headphones. She then turned to look out the window, to see a horrible fear coming to life.

They were flying right above water, and the wing of the plane was no longer attached. Her heart began to race, but she tried not to panic. The screams throughout the plane did not help the situation. Everyone seemed to just give up.

Amaya closed her eyes and prepared impact, as she felt Xavier's hand reach for hers. In this time time she accepted it gratefully and slightly squeezed his hand out of fear.

"Hold on!" Xavier shouted.

Amaya's eyes opened and she nodded, a frown on her face. Before her very own eyes Xavier formed a ball made of a foreign substance that shined like crystal with a prismatic figure. It formed itself around them.

Amaya held his hand tightly as she closed her eyes again, not knowing what to expect. She didn't know if his magic was enough.

She held her breath and prepared for impact.

✧❃✧

A/N:

Yaaaay. Collab story with meh friends. I'm developing this story a bit more though.

Sorry for not updating the others. School and stuff. Okay! Go check out

@PlasmicHellion 's POV for this story, as Xavier. I recommend reading it, to understand it more, and for a bit more background and an extra scene! Not to mention that he is an AMAZING writer, and you will not regret reading it. Seriously, go check it out! :3

@TheOrangeWritter 's POV for a later character and extra scenes!

Be sure to vote, comment, and share! Helps meh a bunch. Thanks!