Chapter 7

I shut my eyes deeply with the thought of Caileigh being kidnapped. I was hoping this is just a dream, but no, it was not. It was reality. Though Caileigh’s not my real child, she became one. It felt like I am not able to live without her.

Span hugged me again tightly, whispering “Don’t worry we’ll find her.” He grabbed my hand then brought me to a place where no one can see us, then we teleported to our house. I was in real shock, looking for Caileigh. Who in the Earth can do this though?

I took a deep breath and memories came rushing like a river flowing in my head, then I remember when two men knock in this house, threatening me, no I mean Sabrina to pay her debts. Was it possible they did the kidnapping?

I told Span who’s possible for this. He did a search on his unique devices from his dimension. He showed me possible pictures of them, on the third picture he showed, it was the creditor. I nod as a sign of it. He clicks the profile and it showed that he is a gangster and a loan shark. When people can’t pay him, he forcefully take them and made him the members of his gang, either boy or girl. So this means that Sabrina didn’t join the gang so now she was being hunted by that old-creepy and so cheap gang. I didn’t even know gangsters are still there. Like duh, come on, we are living in a modern life. But still, I need to save Caileigh; we tracked them by simply looking at the unique device.

He teleported me to where Caileigh is, such a cliché things like in the movie, where would their territory be? Of course, to an abandoned factory. I saw Span was like having a headache; he was hitting his head with impact. I ask him, “Are you okay?” he replied with a nod. We came inside the factory carefully.

At the front door, three men were guarding it. We were standing from their back, I whacked the head of one of them, and he instantly fell on the ground unconscious, I felt guilty with what I did but I need to save Caileigh, she’s in great danger right now. The two other men were alarmed so we left with no choice but to fight them.  I never knew I could use my Taekwondo skills, I learned during my high school. I kicked this tall guy with a fat stomach; I released my power punch and hit him with the rod I used for hitting the first man a while ago. I could see that Span loses almost all of his energy with the one man he attacked. It is weird though, with the built of his muscles, and the strength I knew he had, it is impossible enough for him to be tired with one man considering that man is a scaredy-cat and a weakling.

But maybe he was just exhausted, we fight and fight until we reach the center, sometimes I help Span because he becomes tired easily.

To my surprise, Caileigh is with the boss of this gang. Caileigh is tied in a chair, yes it’s another cliché scene but, she is not just tied in a simple chair, she is tied up high in the ceiling and a huge drum with cold water and water snakes is waiting for her here on the ground. My knees weakened and I feel shivers down to my spine. Seeing Caileigh in tears breaks my heart, but I need to stay strong for her. I want to save her like she’s my real daughter.

“Caileigh! Don’t worry, Mommy and Uncle Span is here!” I shouted to Caileigh so that it could boost her and so that she wouldn’t freak out.

“It seems like your two saviors are here Caileigh.” The boss of the gang said with the voice of insult. “Go put a level down with the chair.” He commanded with his gang member. And that means the chair where Caileigh sits is getting nearer to the drum.

“No!” I shouted, but it’s already late. Caileigh is a 3 feet near to the drum. “No, I’ll pay you.” I told desperately.

“Uh-oh, you’re so late with that. I want another thing.” He wink and grinned like a pervert. It quickly caused my body to tremble in fear. Span holds my hand that caused me to calm down.

“What? What do you want?!” Span retorted.

“Hmmm, I want that lady beside you.” He said with hidden desires of lust. “Then go, take me!” I shouted. Span, looked at me with the hopes of taking my word back, but I couldn’t afford to lose Caileigh.

They quickly tied my hands and legs, they released Caileigh and I am the one they sat with the chair, under me is a drum full of snakes. Oh Gosh, I never thought this thing will end my life. I can’t help but to cry in my situation. Tears started to fall on my cheeks. I am ready to face this thing. I could feel that the chair is slowly getting down to the drum until I am a foot near to the drum.

I can hear Span and Caileigh shouting. I can’t take it anymore, it seems like I’m going to faint in any moment. Snakes, they were my greatest phobia; I never thought I would face them like this.

When my toe was about to touch the water, it stopped. With blurry vision, I could see that Span punch the man on his face, then he kicked his shin, that made him fall on the ground. With the scenery that the gang boss sees, he got angry and attacked Span. Caileigh helped me untie the rope around my hands. She guided me going down without touching the water, I helped Span with the gang boss and told Caileigh to hide or escape before this gang boss’ members come.

When Caileigh’s about to run, the Gang boss catch her. He got his gun on the table and pointed it to Caileigh’s head.

“Caileigh, don’t worry, Mommy is here, just calm down okay?” I told her. Her tears came rushing down and it broke my heart.

The sirens of the police caught the attention of this gang boss, that made him distract so I quickly pulled Caileigh to the Gang Boss, his reflexes were good that he pulled the trigger of his caliber 45. I quickly cover Caileigh and that made me feel the cold bullet striking my shoulder and the loud shouts of Span fading, the loud cry of Caileigh with her tears on eyes. Though my visions were blurry, I could see more than 5 droplets of pure tears to the two special people for me that made me realize how beautiful life is.

Tears, I cannot collect right at this moment. Tears that can make me live again, but I won’t collect it anymore, I will just accept the reality of this is how I’m going to die. I breathe for the last time.

And everything went black.

----
Hello :) fast updates na to just fulfill my own satisfaction na posting this. Salamat sa mga magbabasa pa rin nito in the future. :)