1. Shining entrance

She looked up at the entrance, held on harder to her torn bag and took the final step needed to reach the door handle. The sun was shining right in her eyes. It made her uncomfortable and her brown hair covered her sight as the strong wind blew in just the wrong direction. A breeze of fresh air met her as she stepped in to the hotel.

Although the view was overwhelming, she had her eyes on herself. Not that she was any self-absorbed, on the contrary she knew that she didn't fit in here. But she knew that she was lucky, because in the circumstances she might as well be without any job at all.

"Do you need help?" she looked up at the thin voice that stood almost too close. She took one or two steps back and then pulled herself together.

"Hello. My name is Avery Collins and this is my first day here at work. Yes I could use some help, please."

A moment passed by. Avery looked up at the woman and she couldn't recall ever being this tremulous. It was a challenge to not let her shaky hands show how she really felt inside.

The woman swallowed. "They said something about you. This way." Avery followed the woman's fast and steady steps.

As she listened carefully to her instructions a moment of realisation hit her. This was where she had to start over, no matter if she wanted it or not. And if she just gave it some time maybe this was exactly what she needed. If anything she was sure this happened for a certain reason she really couldn't put her finger on.

.

It's now been almost a month since Avery first walked into the very same hotel as she works in now every day. This day was no exception and as she walked from one room to another an excited voice could be heard from the corridor. Avery casually walked up to her co-workers and asked them if there was something special going on at the hotel. They both looked at her in disgust, Madelyn; the girl that Avery met first of all didn't turn out to be any nicer once you got to know her. She and her best friend Danielle talked more than they worked, and with Avery being new, she often got the blame for whatever wasn't finished.

"The Beatles are coming here tonight" said Danielle with a giggle and exchanged knowingly looks with Madelyn. "But your stupid little brain probably didn't catch up on that."

Madelyn dragged Danielle with her, however she turned around and called "I don't think any of them would want you".

Both of them burst into laughter while Avery stood all alone in the middle of the corridor. A couple of years ago she would've shouted back at Madelyn, but now after all that's happened she no longer knew who she was. This wasn't who she was. She needed to find herself and maybe that was sooner than anyone expected.

Avery returned to her work and she was no longer sure how she felt about this. About The Beatles coming. As a soon-to-be 19 year old woman Avery didn't feel suitable as a teenage fan girl. But even she couldn't deny that they were some hot stuff. The music is another history, when The Beatles started to get big in America she bought every album she could afford. Mostly to conceal the pain of her dead father, but she really loved their music and that helped her a lot when her world fell apart. Now she has none of the albums left and as she wanted to think of anything but that, she focused on her work and ignored her head spinning around with thoughts.

When lunch break came closer Avery found herself humming on "And I love her" while putting clean sheets in a cupboard. Maybe she was crazy, but getting to meet Beatles would be like giving herself the gift she never got. Avery sighted and grabbed her bag as she headed for lunch.

On her way was plenty of clothing stores and she thought of how it would be if she went and bought a dress for tonight. The shop windows almost screamed at her to walk inside. Of course she couldn't afford anything expensive yet she knew that she couldn't turn up in the rags she owned for clothes. Perhaps a peek inside would be completely fine.

Dresses hung on clothing racks and she looked at them in amazement. Ordinary people bought tons of them, but for her economy, even the cheapest wasn't cheap enough. This wouldn't do for a Beatle but it's better than nothing. Avery browsed through for a long time until the perfect one appeared. Even the price was reasonable. She picked up the dark grey fabric in her hands and headed for the changing rooms. It was either this one or no one. When she tried it on she was stunned at how the fabric laid beautiful at her skin, with a tight waist high up and a flowing light skirt. This dress was far away from fashionable at the time, but who cared. This dress was something new, with a shape that showed her figure without being revealing at all. She didn't want to wear anything that would scream attention. Avery bought it without hesitation.

The clock headed to eight and you could feel the tension in the air that night. Avery succeeded to be around by staying late at work that day and the others simply said it was their right to be in presence. Both Madelyn and Danielle wore dresses that went just below their butts and the rest of the staff had clearly made an effort too. Avery herself didn't even own a mascara and now her dress felt silly compared with the others. They would take her for a prude and ignore her. What a stupid idiot she felt like standing there among the others. Some noises were heard from the hallway.

"Y'know I'm not sure about this decision after all..." A sweaty Paul McCartney appeared from the main door along with Ringo, John and George. All of them looked a bit tired. Avery knew it was because of the concert, and she knew very well that it was their last one. Everyone talked about how August 29, 1966 would be historical.

"For fucks sake Paul sod off" George looked at him in disgust. Ringo opened his mouth but closed it again. John looked around him.

"I want a bath" he said and after the staff (and their friends) threw themselves over The Beatles they managed to get to their hotel rooms.

Meanwhile Avery stood in the back and even if Paul looked at her several times she remained still. It was almost as if Paul felt sorry for her- as if to say "There's nothing I can do". What if only her fantasies were true, and besides, what are the odds? Avery turned around and walked with heavy steps up the stairs, away from everyone else. The noise from the entrance became more distant with every step she took.

Avery spotted a huge pile of laundry, which she picked up and began walk in the corridor.

"Oouchh!" someone called out and the next thing she knew both she and the other person lied on the floor in a total mess. Avery took away a dirty sheet from her face and the sight that met her was beyond her imagination.