6. Explain it

“Do you realise what you're asking of me?” Avery said angrily “It’s not like everyone can be at your service whenever you like” She headed for the door knob but Luke was faster.

“This is about something bigger than us.” She sighed at his stubbornness.

“Give up, won't you?” She asked with her last resources. It was late night, she grew more tired every minute and with every minute she became angrier at him.

“Look. You've chosen to go your path. And just like you've chosen to go yours, I need to make my choice. It might not be the best choice but I have my right to decide, no matter what I want”

Luke couldn't look at her, he'd failed and even if the force was strong with her, she'd not be able to feel it unless she'd give in. If only he could show her, all that was destined to happen. Though it was far too dangerous to show that on Earth. To endanger his mission was to enthusiastically build his own grave. Instead he sighed and looked at her.

“I tried.”

She looked at him one last time before disappearing into darkness.

When she came back to Paul's room she found him sitting on the bed, with light on. He looked sad, maybe frustrated.

“What is it?” She approached him but he would not touch her and stood up hastily.

“I saw you.” He stated.

“What did you see?” She asked coldly, not bearing to look him in the eyes.

“Enough.”

“Perfect.” She started gathering her things, the few she actually had. Then she changed her mind and tossed them on the floor.

“I won't need these.” She spoke to herself and went to change into clothes instead of her pyjamas and waved at Paul. “I guess you're just like everyone else, turning their backs on me.” He stood there with open mouth.

“Bye.” She said and leaved.

“I don't know anything about this.” He shouted at her when she ran down the corridor.

“Explain!” He said low to himself as she was out of reach.

This couldn't be it, it wasn't over. He would not accept that. She heard what he said and couldn't help but feel bad for him.

Avery flew down to the stairs and took a back door to find Luke faster, because something told her he didn't make a grand entrance through the front door. The night was dark but she saw him right away. Luke walked behind a corner and Avery made a fast run to catch him. She laid one hand on his shoulder. He, instead, turned around quickly with his lightsaber at her.

“Put that thing away, will you?”

“Sorry.” He said with low voice and caught  his breath.

Avery looked at what he had and inspected it.

“Or, actually, can I take a look?” Luke shook his head.

“Sure, I understand.” She realised.

“Where have you've been brave enough to hide this space ship of yours?”

They walked as the spoke and by then they where already standing in front of the ship. It was covered and Luke made a motion with his hand to reveal what was under.

“Well let's go!” He shouted and they moved quickly to get on.

In no time the were away and out in space. Avery sat besides him, one was only able to sit here. Naturally he had to take the smallest ship to fit only two people, enough for the two of them.

“Do you like flying?” He asked smiling at her.

“I'll decide when we land.” She answered.

“You're not easy to get through” he said.

Avery tried to concentrate on the surroundings, the space was filled with light from every star. During their journey they bit for bit began talking more to each other. Soon Avery found a friend in Luke. He understood what she meant and he was funny. Not caught up but in the moment and she wanted to be like that.

“Are you willing to give everything to become a Jedi?” he asked her. Avery’s eyes sparkled and she smiled.

“I won't fail you, Master” she said.

“It's Luke” he laughed and landed the ship. They took off their helmets and took in the view.

“Whatever Master Luke, I'm thrilled.” She said.

They jumped out of the ship and walked inside a small cave house which Luke said had belonged to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

“Wait here for me. I have something to show you.” And then Luke was out of sight.