Chapter 22

(I hope you enjoy the update!)

Why is Dallas in my bedroom? I thought he was pist off at me for "looking through his phone". Maybe this is his plan to kill me or something. When he feels it is safe, he removes his hand from my mouth. I gasp at the sudden loss of contact, but try to keep myselff together.

"Dallas?" I ask him, I'm surprised I could even get one word out. I'm terrified right now. Not for my life or anything, I think I'm just scared of what he is going to say. Because right now I would rather take the physical pain. Mental pain is not really an option for me. Not now. Not after what has happened.

"Yeah." He says to me, quietly. He sounds just as shocked as I am right now. He continues straddling me, I feel stuck. The weird part is, I kind of like it. It gives me some sense of security.

"Um, why are you here?" I ask him, breaking the awkward silence that has somehow grown between us.

"What do you mean?" He doesn't even let me answer him, "I never left."

His words almost make me want to cry.

I never left.

Never left

Never.

Dallas is the last person I want to hear that from, especially at this point in my life. But for some reason it makes me feel complete. What is this boy doing to me. Dallas does things to me that Zander never did, emotionally. In a good and bad way.

"Where did you go?"

"I went to the bathroom." He says to me, I don't even have to see him to know he is smirking right now. The bathroom brings back memories. God ones, probably the only good memories of me and Dallas. I didn't even realize how close Dallas was to my face until he said, "It was nice. Your bathroom."

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say without laughing out loud. Dallas gets off of me and lays down next to me. It surprises the shit out of me when he grabs my hand.

"So, how about that game?" He asks me, releasing my hand after realizing how uncomfortable it makes me.

"What game?" I probably sound so stupid right now but, honestly, you never know with Dallas.

"Sorry Sliders. You said you have it." It makes me feel so much better that Dallas was just talking about some board game.

"Oh. That's my favorite game!" I say, getting up to go fetch the game.

Just as I stand up, I feel a large hand grip my arm. "Funny you should say that, it's mine too." Dallas says to me. I smile at him, not even realizing that he can't see me, it's pitch black in my room. I walk over to my light and turn it on, earning an immediate gasp from Dallas. I look over at him and he looks away, embarrassed. I ignore his drooling over me, and go to my cabinet where I left the game.

"Your turn!" I say to Dallas, he looks pist off because I am beating him so badly.

"Ugh! Alright." He says to me, just before taking his turn. I can't help but notice just how cute he looks right now. He is wearing a black hoodie, and his hair is swooped slightly to the side. "What?"

I feel embarrassed that he has caught me staring at him, but I can't help it. He's so cute! "Nothing."

"Hm. It's your turn." He says to me, he looks kind of upset. I brush it off, like usual, and take my turn.

"Yes!" I yell, a little loudly. I cover my mouth when I remember that my parents are just downstairs. "I win." I whisper, earning a chuckle from Dallas.