Chapter One

AN: That is what Aziani looks like. 

Ever since I was a child I had been fascinated by the druids. I left home to see the other kingdoms. I came across a cave with markings on them, I realized then it must have been used by the druids of old.

I always came back here, it was my new home of sorts. I was deep in the cave looking at the many things there, fixing a few things here and there. I stopped once I heard a splash in the water, I got my sword out and silently made my way over to the front of the cave.

There was a man there, on the stone, I crept over to him and raised my blade to his throat. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" He grabbed my wrist and flipped me over, I landed on my back. When I tried to get up he pointed my sword to me.

He stared at me, tilting his head, he gave me a once over and I took that chance to knock his feet from under him, I straddled his lap while holding my dagger to his throat. "Who are you?" I tried again.

"The better question would be what are you doing in this place?" he retorted. I looked at him and saw the markings along the side of his head.

"Your a druid," I say in disbelief, removing my dagger and standing up.

"I am." He says as he gets up.

"But they all died, how are you still alive?" I look him up and down.

"I was under the Druid Sleep," he responds walking around the cave. "How did you find this place?"

"Well I left home once my parents passed and have been traveling to the other kingdoms, I came across this place by accident and ever since I always return here," I explain.

He looks at me and nods his head. He turns to the front of the cave and starts leaving. "Wait!" I yell after him, he turns, "I'll go with you. Wherever it is you go."

"No."

"But I can help," I grab my sword, sheathing it and my dagger. "I'll come with you with or without your consent," I walk up to him. He doesn't say anything just turns and starts walking, I smile victoriously and follow after him.

He gets on his horse and I whistle, calling my horse. He ran over and I jumped right on before heading over to the Druid. He stared at Aziani then me, "He was hurt when I found him, I healed him. This is Aziani," I pat his mane. The druid makes a noise of acknowledgement and then takes off. 

"Come on Aziani, let's go," I click my tongue and we're off.

We travel in silence and he starts slowing down, "stay here."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because your help is not needed at the moment," he responds getting off his horse. I huff at him but stay where I am. I get off of Aziani and walk over to the druid's horse. I outstretch my hand letting him come to me and he does. I pull out an apple from the saddle and cut it in half giving one to Aziani and the other to his horse.

Once they finish their snack the druid comes back with two others. "Who are they?" I ask but he ignores me instead getting on his horse. The boy get's close to Aziani and he gets on his two hind legs attempting to attack the boy.

"Woah, woah," I start whistling a soothing tune and he calms down. "He doesn't like strangers. You shouldn't get near a horse who does not know you halfling," I get on my horse and hold my hand out to him.

Reluctantly he takes my hand and get's on, Aziani huffs but stays calm. I follow the druid and after a while he stops at some farm house. "What are we doing here?" No answer.