<>Chapter One<>

Dan's Pov

I wake up to an empty house, my parents were out on another business trip. They were gonna be gone a few months. I'm beginning to think they're just taking a vacation.

I'm now getting ready for the first day of school, I didn't do anything all summer, aside from search for Y/N.

Louise and Phil were now Juniors and that Bitch, Cleo is a senior along with me. Yeah, that's right.. got held back.

If Y/N was around she would be a sophomore. As I got ready, I started thinking about if I was going to try to make new friends, of course I decided not to.

I got onto the bus and walked down the isle. The bus was pretty full and our bus driver would get grumpy if I didn't sit soon. I quickly sat down in a seat with a girl. We looked at each other silently. Her curly long blue hair covered her face and her e/c eyes looked deep into mine. Her eyes looked sad, as if missing someone dearly. I knew who she was, she just arrived last year, her name was also Y/N.

"Hello Daniel." She said politely.

"Oh, hello Y/N." I frowned, wishing it was my Y/N.

"I heard you got held back, I may be younger but I'm quite smart. Do you need help?" She cocked her head to the side.

"Mmm, sure if you don't mind." I said truthfully.

She looked taken aback. As though she wasn't expecting that.

"Oh okay! Where do you want to meet?" She asked curiously.

"How about after school we can go over to my house and study?" I ask.

"Wow so forward." She giggled.

I laughed for the first time in awhile.

"You should laugh more, it suits you. Also sure, I'll come over." Y/n smiled.

The bus slowly stopped and we were at school. Y/n and I walked side by side into the building. The freshman and Sophomores were supposed to meet in the gymnasium and Juniors and Seniors were supposed to meet in the large cafeteria.

"So I suppose you're off to the gym?" I asked, knowing she was a Sophomore.

"Nope, they had me skip a grade. I'm a junior! Now let's go, I don't wanna be late." She said, walking backwards towards the cafeteria.

Before I could say anything, she bumped into Cleo.

"Hey, watch where you're going." Cleo barked at the shorter girl.

"Whoops, got a bitch over here." Y/n put her hands up and walked back slightly.

"Excuse me you..." She paused, trying to think of a snappy comeback.

"I can almost hear the gears grinding inside your head." Y/n rolled her eyes at the brunette before grabbing my hand and leading me to the cafeteria.

She let go of my hand the moment we walked into the cafeteria.

"Well I'm sure you have friends to talk to. See ya later Daniel." She said, walking off and leaning against a nearby wall.

Phil and Louise rushed up to me.

"Hey, was that the other Y/n?" Louise asked.

"Yeah why?" I ask.

"No particular reason, it's just unusual to see you smiling." She respond with a smile.

"I was smiling?" I ask, scrunching up my face.

"Yup! You looked so happy too." Phil said with an eyebrow raised.

"Huh, I don't know what came over me. She just seems so familiar like I knew her before. She does remind me a lot of Y/n and it's not just her name." I say, watching Y/n.

She looked at me and waved before closing her eyes and tilting her head upwards.

The vice principal came in and asked us all to take a seat, which we all did.

He gave us the usual talk about bullying but there was a new part.

"Last year, some of you might remember a Y/n, she was a cheery student who did well and had plenty of friends. Unfortunately she disappeared and many people believe it was due to some form of bullying. Just remember you don't know what someone has gone through." He droned on afterwards. I look back at Y/n. She looked upset and almost like she was going to cry.

After the talk we went and got our schedules but for whatever reason, Y/n was avoiding me.

My first class was Math, surprisingly, Y/n was in it.

"Hey, I know I've only really known you for less than a day, but is something wrong?" I ask, we were standing outside of class.

"You've known me for longer than that." She mumbled.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh it's nothing, I just feel bad for that other Y/n." She responded, frowning.

"Yeah, we were good friends." I say, tears forming.

A warm pair of arms wrap around me, she was hugging me. I look down to see my stuff and Y/n's stuff on the ground. I didn't even notice her take it.

"I don't want to replace Y/n. I want to show you, that you're not alone. I've lost someone close as well, we all have. Maybe one day you'll find someone new. For now though, let's get to class." Y/n said, unwrapping her arms them handing me my stuff and walking into math, her stuff in her arms.

Maybe I'll make one new friend.

A/n:

OMFGGGG UGH ITS SO FAST ALREADYYYYY

This chapters showcase issss

Made by @NormalScaresUs

~BB

(unedited)