Chapter 6: Heading Home / Mewing Mouser

Jeremiah and Emilia, after being notified of Rain's absence from the clinic and attempting to get into his house to see him, tried once more to no avail. Muddled, enervated, and astray, both of them went their way to their respective homes. The gales only started minutes after their departure. Bidding one another adieu, Jeremiah made his way to his apartment complex while Emilia made her course to her two-story residence. Neither of them was aware of the peril to come next.

Emmy had quite the long distance to travel, as her domicile was around 2 miles from there. Emmy was hindered by traffic while biding her time for the cross walk. Once the lantern flashed magenta, it meant vehicles had to stop. If the light changed to teal, it was a caution to decelerate. As of that moment, however, the lantern was at a steady gold that indicated 'go!' Cars, trucks, every vehicle congested the asphalt viper.

The second it switched, Emilia crossed the section of road. The heavy rain poured above. A thunderbolt struck a nearby telephone pole, erupting it into ash right before her. Keeping up her quick pace, she found herself on the other side of the road in moments. Taking a hefty breath, she paused to take in the scenery.

Soaked concrete illuminated beneath streetlights. Shrubbery gripped the few bits of soil left unkempt by the people. A small black cat -a Bombay pure bred- rubbed against Emmy's leg, citrine orbs glancing into ruby and sapphire. Picking up the miniature feline, Emilia noticed it was unmarked. "No owner?" she muttered. It grazed itself onto her shoulder, holding on with its paws.

Emilia did not know she was getting stalked, so when it came time for her to take a shortcut, she took the opportunity. Feet stomping into a secluded area, she gently stroked the black mouser. The purring covered the noise of footsteps behind Emilia. Swiftly, a hand came to Emilia's mouth with a towel covered in some substance... was it chloroform? Whatever it was, Emmy was immediately brought into unconsciousness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waking up in a basement was not an enjoyable ordeal. This was a bit of information Emilia learned. Being strapped down to a chair by a rough, grey leather belt or two was also not humorous. Emmy struggled against these binds in vain. Kicking her feet about, she thought their might have been a chance. Once she wasted all of her energy, however, she knew it was worthless.

The walls were dirt-spotted and caked in spider webs. Dust clung to the surface of just about everything in the room. The objects that lay on a tiny, wooden table were suspicious. Cutlery equipment and doctor equipment lined each square inch of it. This horrified Emilia beyond belief.

Horrific laughing came down the stairs as a girl around her age approached. "Hi, my name's Maria!"

"Where am I?" No response. "Where am I?" Nothing. "Please, where are we?"

"You're in my basement. I don't take kindly to your intrigues in Jeremiah. You see, I want him to be all mine. As long as he has interest in you, you are in the way. He's mine. He's MINE. You understand? MINE MINE MINE!" her psychotic cackling ruptured Emilia's ears.

"Where's that cat?" Emilia became notably concerned as her pitch rose.

"Oh, don't worry! I'll let you keep your little friend. It would be too lonely otherwise, I don't want you to suffer without my say so." She watched the amber eyes of Maria trail off to the basement door.

"You stay here and get comfortable. As comfortable as possible in that set-up, any case! HA! I'll see to you later, love." Dashing up the staircase, Maria closed the hatch behind her. The few lights in the dark space were candles on a steel base to catch the dripping wax. An ear-piercing chatter escaped the cat's mouth.