1

'다정하게 따뜻하게 상냥하게 받아줄걸
dajeonghage ttatteuhage sangnyanghage badajulgeol
(please kindly, warmly, gently accept this)'

the sound of choi youngjaes soulful voice echoed throughout his single dorm, notes of his keyboard lingering. he wanted to take his own spin off one of his favorite artists, JB, or defsoul, by adding the sorrow sounds of a piano. it wasnt easy playing by ear considering it was an r&b song, but he managed to perfect it with many takes and decided it was good enough to post on youtube.

he moved his keyboard off his desk and began to edit the video. as he was deciding which video he liked best and started editing, his neighboring dorm mates yugyeom and bambam came in to see what he was up to. they knew he was interested in singing in his free time (if the singing at 2 am wasnt enough already) and posted videos.

'wahh, youngjae hyung youre so amazing' yugyeom praised, the three of them watching him sing in video. 'aish, shut up.' he blushed, one hand in his chocolate brown hair and the other clicking away on his laptop.

'no seriously hyung, even JB would like your voice!' bambam half teased but was also serious.

feeling embarrassed, youngjae kicked his dongsaengs out of his small dorm.

'jay-beeeeeeee!' he heard bambam shout as he left to his and yugyeoms dorm.

he wasnt obsessed with JB like many of his fangirls, youngjae just liked his music and voice, like any other artist he favored.

with a click, youngjae posted his video on youtube titled 'Bad Habit - Defsoul CYJ Cover'.
he didnt get many views on his cover videos, just around a hundred each. he would only get kind comments from strangers who didnt know him and his mom, but he wasnt complaining.

-

the next day, he woke up around 8 am, two hours before his first class on tuesdays. he normally would wake up only 30 minutes before class, being such a night owl and spending hours playing pc games. youngjae awoke to the sound of his phone dinging, the notification sound from instagram. no one ever messaged him besides his friends and they rarely messaged him, so he was curious as to who it was.

defsoul sent you a message.

youngjae could hardly see his screen through his sleep encrusted eyes, but it said defsoul. it was probably just some fangirl that changes the letters to look like his name, youngjae thought to himself, and went back to sleep in his toasty covers that seemed to prevent him from waking up.

about an hour later, youngjaes body woke him up without the alarm going on. for some reason, he felt more alert; like something was going to happen.
he rubbed away at his eyes, groaning and stretching in his bed. might as well get the day started since he was already awake.

after doing necessary bathroom needs, he came back to his bed and decided to lay there while waiting for his class. he finally opened his dm from 'defsoul' and nearly choked from gasping.

defsoul
hey, i saw your cover of my song and its really good. 👍🏼🤘🏼

was this a joke? jaebum was a considerably famous singer and producer; not exo famous though. still, this couldnt be real.

333cyj333
omg!! is this real ??

defsoul
haha yea. you have a really nice voice

333cyj333
thank you sunbaenim!! !!! i love your music

defsoul
thanks :) i like your vibe and you got a 'soul'ful voice haha

333cyj333
ok sunbaenim i really respect you and your work but that pun was HORRIBLE

defsoul
i get that a lot :( and you can call me jb hyung no need for the formality

333cyj333
is this actually real like im talking to one of my favorite artists and hes saying i can call him hyung

defsoul
yes this is real youngjae ssi
i just hope youre not a crazed fangirl because i see possible collabs in the future.

333cyj333
are u srs
im not even famous tho!!!

defsoul
with that voice youre sure to be famous :)
unless you dont want to?

333cyj333
NO i would love to hyung!!!!!!!!!
maybe not now because im kinda busy with classes but i hope we can keep in contact??

defsoul
for sure.

bye youngjae ssi :)

bye youngjae ssi :)

-

okay, wow. youngjae just had a full on conversation with the defsoul. and was offered a collab. is life even real?

the brunette wondered that as he sat up in his bed, staring out the window as if what just happened right now didnt just happen. he had to be tripping, what kind of fanfiction scenario was he in right now?

youngjae's phone alarm then went off, reminding him that he had to go to class. he threw on a comfortable outfit and went to class, distracted for the whole 2 hours thinking of JB taking the time to dm him on instagram.

when class was over, he came back to his dorm, so distracted that he kept stumbling on his own feet on the way.
it just so happened that yugyeom and bambam were in the hall as well. youngjae trusted his friends, but he wasn't ready to tell the two kids that he was talking to one of his favorite artists just a few hours ago.

'hey youngjae hyung!' bambam called out.

'oh, hey guys.' youngjae replies, obviously out of it. the younger two catch on and yugyeom asks,'what's up?'

the eldest just looked down at his doorknob and unlocked it. 'nothing, just tired. i'll talk to you guys later.' he says and goes into his small dorm.

yugbam watch the door close in front of their faces and look at each other. 'he's tired? it's barely 12 pm.'

bambam shrugs. 'whatever. wanna go get a choco shake?'

-

oki obvs this is very unrealistic but its fanfictionokoko

also i keep. starting new fics and abandoning my old ones im SORR
omg its so cringe to write korean lyrics in english fnfic or just writing lyrics but if you guys know. Bad Habit that line is the BEST