Chapter 4

The next few months were agonizing, AJ and I spent every second we could trying to keep up to date with the world of Mystic Falls, but horror after horror ensued until we couldn't stand to watch any longer.

Not even a week after we left, the witch found a spell to reveal the Hunters mark and they simply continued on their merry quest to find the cure. The Hunter died. The witch died. The majority of the people involved died, and while some came back to life it did little to ease our minds.

By the time our birthday rolled by, the Original was still daggered up, which was a good thing considering he would most likely try to kill me if he ever woke up.

In hopes of avoiding such complications, we were packing our bags to go anywhere but home.

"I never want to see that place again, I just honestly want to forget all that ever happened," I muttered as I packed.

"Which is why we're going to college," AJ agreed, then added as an afterthought, "Whitmore, here we come."

Kol's POV

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was I was not in our old home. Slowly I got out of the coffin and made my way upstairs, only to find Klaus and Rebekah arguing.

"This was not your choice to make, Rebekah!" Klaus shouted and our sister flinched away, but continued to glare at him.

"I'm sick of your controlling ways, Nik!" she cried hysterically.

But before he could reply, our brother caught sight of me.

"Kol," he said through gritted teeth. I ignored him and sauntered forward, flopping down on a nearby lounge chair.

"So, 'Bekah, catch me up," I smirked.

Nevada's POV

"I can't believe we're actually here," I shook my head, laughing at the scene around me.

We had arrived at college a few days earlier and decided to start integrating. This led us to buying new dresses and shoes and attending the anual bitter ball on campus.

I was wearing a cute black dress with a lace top and open back, while my sister wore a red halter neck dress. I was feeling happier than I had been in a long time.

"It's a little cliché, don't you think?" I said to AJ, but when I turned to look at her she was frowing at something. I followed her gaze and saw the witch, Bonnie, across the room.

"Is that-" I started, but AJ interrupted me.

"I saw something...I have to go, I'll explain later," she said as she walked towards the petite girl.

I started to follow her but I suddenly found my path blocked by someone I never thought I would see again.

Kol Mikaelson.

My eyes widened in shock as he smirked down at me. I opened my mouth to say something...anything, but no words came out. So instead I turned to run, but he caught me by my wrist and pulled me back.

"Now now Darling, I believe you owe me a dance after what you did to me," he whispered in a silkily voice.

I searched for an escape, but his grip on my wrist tightened and he led me to the dance floor. I was still anxiously trying to think of a way to escape when I felt his hands on my waist. I slowly brought my hands up and carefully placed them around his neck, doing all I could to avoid eye contact as we swayed back and forth.

He leaned closer to me and I felt his husky breath on my neck as he murmured in my ear.

"Why don't you start by telling me exactly who you are," he spoke softly, but with a clear threatening tone embedded in his words.

"You're supposed to be in New Orleans," I stated, finally turning to look him in the eyes. I was trying to piece together how he had been undaggered without us noticing.

"Are you stalking me? I'm quite flattered actually," he chuckled, I felt the vibrations running through his chest and I narrowed my eyes.

He spun me around once before pulling me back. I had to focus all my energy on not stumbling into him, feeling oddly like a mouse being played with by a cat.

"You see, Darling, when my sister undaggered me in New Orleans my brother was quite unhappy...and far be it of me to stick around where I am not wanted," he shrugged, then smirked at me again.

"And besides, I have a thing for revenge," he pulled me even closer.

"That still doesn't explain how you found me," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. I was hoping if I could keep him talking long enough my sister would come to my rescue.

"Where else would such trouble be but with the Mystic Falls Scooby Gang, and a fair lot of them have taken up residency here," he rolled his eyes, clearly getting bored.

"Congrats, if it was so easy then why don't you continue with the rest, like who I am and why I did it," I said evenly. He paused and I smirked, turning on my heal to leave. Once again he pulled me back and leaned his head down into the crook of my neck

"Well that's why I'm here, Sweerheart, to find all that out," he chuckled and I shivered.

"Why not just kill me now?" I asked in a small voice.

"There's still too much fun to be had, Darling," he breathed, and then he was gone.

I looked around wildly but couldn't spot him anywhere. I did however see my twin talking to Bonnie and another girl with wild curly blonde hair. I ran over to them and grabbed her arm.

"There's two of them?" I heard the blonde say as I pulled my sister away.

"We have a problem of the Original variety," I muttered as we walked outside quickly, the cool air refreshing against my skin.

"Kol?" AJ asked in disbelief and I nodded.

"Well we have another problem as well," she groaned and I paused in my step, turning to her.

"The Mystic Falls Avengers have changed loction, seems home base is here right now," she explained, and my mind flashed back to what Kol had said about them having taken up residency here.

"Tonight could have gone a lot better," I sighed.