The Cruel Winter

The cold winter breeze ran down Kylie's spine as she rubbed her hands together. It was her first college trip to New Lands with her new buds in Business School. She glanced around to look for a familiar face with a cosy jacket that would help her survive the cold. After a good five minutes of searching, she saw a friend giving it to someone else, having no choice, she wrapped her arms firmly around herself and started walking back to the bus where she had forgotten her jacket.

Stupid me! Who thought winter was survivable without warmers, she groaned, clenching her frozen teeth.

The distance was cruel with the wind singing her winter in the late December.

While walking back, she caught sight of a not so well known yet just a known face who had slung a jacket on his shoulder. She did not exactly know him but just his name, Dan. He was a groupie from one of her friends. She jogged up to him and tapped his shoulder, "Hi Dan! You mind if I lend your jacket, this cold will not let me survive till the bus", she chattered. He laughed and immediately gave her the jacket, "Sure, be warm."

She immediately hugged the jacket and a sweet smell of warmth confined her in the wild cold. The jacket was one support system, back. Reaching the bus, she was supposed to return the jacket back to his owner but something didn't let her come out of that wool. She excused her herself by saying that her jacket was icy. No one in the bus seemed to have noticed that get away or the need for that jacket to be returned.

Later Kylie's friend wanted a jacket too, and Kylie's heart had yet another excuse to not leave that warm cloth away from her, for some alien reason. She gave her own jacket to her mate and got off the bus. She waited on the corner for Dan, and as soon as he came to her view, "Dan, Hey!"

Dan on the other side, with both his hands in his pockets, was walking with his friends didn't seem to take notice of Kylie until she called out his name. "Yeah, Hi"

"I know I am being weird but can I keep the jacket until dinner? My jacket is being used by another friend and there is a very crude windy walk up to the hotel room, ehh?"

He laughed at the little goofy Kylie who was looking at the ground for maybe finding an answer to just erupt, "No worries, you can keep it. I will take it back when we come back for dinner later there." With that he just left, leaving a small yet contented smile on her face. She went back to her friends and left to her hotel.

Later that day she kept the jacket very carefully in her room, she didn't want anyone to touch her possession of wool until she doesn't return it back to Dan. There was a party that was being thrown down on the event of their last day of the trip. She wasn't going to go for it but there was called upon. She decided once again, unwillingly, to return the jacket.

She hugged the jacket around her and went downstairs and scanned the whole party searching for him but he wasn't to be seen. Just then, an incident broke to which Kylie had to rush to her friend who had raced up to the room. She went to comfort her, leaving the party.

The matter had heated up and she was the only ice to it. She managed to comfort the whole situation and decided to stay with her friend upstairs only. Later that night, one of her friend, who was also from Dan's group had called her over to the room where the group was having their own little secret party. It was not the type of a party that Kylie would go to having herself drunk so another friend managed to sneak her out of it before it could cut her comfort zone.

After going back to her room she sighed, looking at that jacket which was still with her. Now at that moment, she didn't want Dan to think that she was creepy and wanted to keep the jacket by herself and just as she moved towards the jacket with the idea of returning it at that sight, there was a knock on her door.

She went to open it first and there flashed Dan. He gave a sweet, warm smile as she rushed her words, "Your jacket", and he giggled saying, "Yeah." She went to get the warmer as he waited for her at the door. "There, and thank you so very much for helping me with this", she thanked her once again. "Hey, that's no trouble", he hung it again in his signature pattern on his shoulder.

"I guess, I'll see you around, bye", he said as he legs moved unwillingly away from her room. "Yeah, I guess, bye." She was about to get in when he called out, "Goodnight Kylie". A bubble broke the tension into smiling faces and she peered her face out and said, "Goodnight Dan" while they waved each other.

************** 

Hey Fellas! :)

How are you'll lovely readers? ❤❤

I have come up with this new one shot which is extremely close to my heart so I really hope you'll will enjoy reading this.

Since this a one shot, it will have only three chapters. So stay there as I will update them one by one in these coming days.

I hope you'll like it. Drop in your reviews in the comments section.

Please vote, comment and read this little saga.

Until then, stay peachy! ;)

Twitter: @AngelMusicWatty

-Kinal (Angel3121)